Jt500 upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jt500 upgrade?

Hello and Happy Friday!! Best trem to upgrade Jt500? FRS? OFR? FR100? Or can block and saddles be up graded?

A perfect fit for a JT500 would be a Schaller/JT590.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
      Thansk!

Comment

looking athe schaller website, i dont see a jt590. just schaller tremelo and Lockmiester. Is the jt 590 something schaller offers or was it made with jackson?

Comment

JT590 is Jackson's designation for the tremolo that Schaller made for them. It's basically the "Schaller tremolo" on the Schaller website. Both have the short/fat saddle locking bolts. The "Schaller tremolo" is what you want, if you can't source a complete JT590 on the used market.

The Lockmeister is Schaller's own version of the Original Floyd Rose. Both the Lockmeister and the OFR have long/thin saddle locking bolts which may prevent the trem from fitting in the route (or at least severely limiting pullup range) of your JT500-equipped guitar.

You can read about the various Jackson/Charvel tremolos here: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm

Comment

Yes, JT590 was Jackson/Charvel's model name on the Schaller, if you ever run across one that says Jackson or Charvel on it, but it's just a standard Schaller. You can even find them out there with Hamer and other guitar manufacturer's logos on them.
            There's also a Floyd Rose II that's made by Schaller exclusively for Floyd Rose, same exact thing if you prefer it say Floyd on it. Not to be confused with the early to mid '80s Floyd 2 that was single locking and pretty shitty.

Comment

Priest, Toejam... this is why I love this forum!! Thanks for the info!

Comment

You're welcome.

Comment

You're welcome gps100proof!

There's also a Floyd Rose II that's made by Schaller exclusively for Floyd Rose, same exact thing if you prefer it say Floyd on it. Not to be confused with the early to mid '80s Floyd 2 that was single locking and pretty shitty.
                  Well SHIT! I learned something new too. I knew about the latter (the single locking Floyd II) but not the other Floyd II you described in the former!

Comment

Yep, the double-locking Floyd II has been around for quite awhile now.

Comment

OK some good photos in this thread on another forum (http://www.guitarampboard.com/forum/...hp?f=5&t=35552) show the double-locking Floyd Rose II (JT590 / "Schaller Tremolo" style) versus the single-locking Floyd Rose II (the one I knew about).

Got to love when there are shared model names to keep us on our toes. (Jackson DK2 for example)

Comment

Cool. I've still got the single-locking version laying around that came off of my first Kramer in 1986. I guess I could put real Schaller saddles on it and try to use it again some day.

Comment

I guess they don`t sell the Floyd Low Pro anymore? I think the Jackson JT580-LP is modeled after that one? You can`t put a D-Tuna on them because of the weird locking pins I believe.

Comment

The Floyd Lo-pro is still made. It's on the Chris Broderick Soloist. It actually won't fit a JT580LP route since it's got different dimensions and string spacing.

Comment

The Floyd Lo-pro is still made. It's on the Chris Broderick Soloist. It actually won't fit a JT580LP route since it's got different dimensions and string spacing.

Thanks man. I didn`t know the dimensions were different. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                              X