Does Gain Effect P'up Response?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Gain Effect P'up Response?

Prolly a dumb question but I have a Dinky w/ active Blackouts (played through a otherwise versatile and kick ass hybrid Kustom HV/30) that was something of a dog at producing tapped harmonics. Try as I might, the fretted note followed by a lightly tapped harmonic would always crap out. Never have that issue with main gig rig (Marshall JVM 250/1960B.) Then I messed around with the gain, dimed it from say, 80% to 90% and the harmonics started leaping off effortlessly. No other changes in the equation. Has anyone come across this aspect of gain directly be tied to (successfully) creating harmonics?
    Last edited by vector; 06-22-2018, 09:59 PM.

Nope, gain doesn't affect P'up response, gain affects amp response
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

How fresh is the battery? Those Blackouts output tons of signal. Also, some amps are just better than others at reproducing harmonics than others. Does the Kustom have a presence control? That can help bring forward the harmonics as well.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
        How fresh is the battery? Those Blackouts output tons of signal. Also, some amps are just better than others at reproducing harmonics than others. Does the Kustom have a presence control? That can help bring forward the harmonics as well.
        Well, that's the thing- initially, with the gain down just a bit, I couldn't seem to get this particular harmonic to ring out- it just kinda died off quickly. I hit a harmonic on the 7th fret of the G (which sounds fine) and then lightly hit another on top of that up at the 12th, giving you essentially an octave of the harmonic. After adjusting the gain a tad, it pulled off much better. Just kinda odd.

Comment

Working...
        X