Threaded inserts for neck mounting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Threaded inserts for neck mounting

So im building a parts guitar and have a 89 charvel neck (holes drilled already). The body is a warmoth and im opting to not have neck holes drilled so i can transfer the hole spaces that are already on the neck to the body....

My questions is ive recently seen a lot of guys use threaded inserts with stainless bolts with allen key slots and i think the look of it is awesome and is a huge improvement over stability and getting a tighter seal in the neck pocket (from what ive read)

Has anyone used these before? or know of any good kits? im trying to stay away from brass since its a softer material and i dont mind spending a little extra to get stainless. Is it worth it? or not really that much of a difference?

Thanks in advance!
    -Tray

Essentially that brass insert is simply a bigger screw if you get down to it, and the only advantage imo is that youd get more mileage out of the mounting holes if you remove the neck everytime youre done playing it. Haha my point is, yea I guess its an ok design, but not enough to make me want to do it to my necks.
    Same as over sized brass OFR blocks, yea i guess theyre a good design, but I prefer the original trem block because I have more range. Call me weird.

I forget who used to make those neck inserts, but im sure if you google it youll find it in a second. Also theres most likely youtube videos on installing them, and probably even some A/B audio if you want to really get into it. But I wouldnt read into it too much.
    You also said that it provided tighter neck to body mounting? Once again, I guess so, but I feel guitars pretty well have that covered no matter the brand. How much more tighter would you want it?
    'Howling in shadows
    Living in a lunar spell
    He finds his heaven
    Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

I've installed a few sets of these stainless steel inserts, mainly because the necks I was installing have stripped screw holes. I've never had a problem with them, and now every guitar of my own I rebuild will get them.

Link to the ebay seller for the insert kits: https://www.ebay.com.au/usr/drarhiii
      A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
      X