'89 375 deluxe neck to warmoth body?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• '89 375 deluxe neck to warmoth body?

Ok, so im not sure if this has been talked about or not and i wasnt about to search through 100 pages of thread posts to find it lol

Im new here, and thought id see if anyone had any knowledge or info on the topic, my plan is:

Warmoth "solist" body for my 1989 charvel deluxe 375 neck. My issue is, i cant seem to find anywhere if charvel in that time frame used the strat neck pocket dimensions or their own. I also wanna make sure that the neck will sit far enough down in the pocket to be correct. Warmoth offers a "body mount", if you will, floyd route option but it only comes with the angled neck pocket which i dont want because i want the floyd to sit flush with no back play. Now i know i can just shim it and probably be fine so thats not a big deal, my main concern is the neck going to work properly 1, with the neck pocket of a strat and 2, with a top mounted floyd instead of a recessed which came with the 375 deluxe.

Also im not sure if will matter or not but i noticed the routes for the schaller are different than the original floyd, if im not mistaken didnt the charvels of that era come with a schaller? or was it Gotoh? Could be totally wrong but i plan on running an original and want to make sure the spacing of that will work with this neck or do i just need to get another neck.

Any help is greatly appreciated as im trying to place this order relatively soon to get this project rollin!

Thanks!
    -Tray
    Last edited by metal_head91; 06-01-2018, 09:24 AM.

Warmoth neck pockets are routed to fit a neck with a 2 3/16" heel. (Standard Fender Strat neck)
    Charvel necks have a 2 1/4" heel.
    Last time I checked, Warmoth doesn't do the 2 1/4" neck pocket, so you'll have to mod it afterwards.
    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
      Warmoth neck pockets are routed to fit a neck with a 2 3/16" heel. (Standard Fender Strat neck)
      Charvel necks have a 2 1/4" heel.
      Last time I checked, Warmoth doesn't do the 2 1/4" neck pocket, so you'll have to mod it afterwards.
      They offer the strat in a 720 mod....not sure what that is, but they also offer a standard tele and a tele 720 mod as well, but they dont give specifics on dimensions.

So realistically ill be fine if i sand down the sides of the charvel neck i have just enough to make it fit snug.

Comment

You could do that... just make sure you take equal amounts from both sides of the neck our you will have string alignment issues.
        1/16" may not sound like much on paper, but it is with a string.
        -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
          You could do that... just make sure you take equal amounts from both sides of the neck our you will have string alignment issues.
          1/16" may not sound like much on paper, but it is with a string.

Oh yea no doubt, it would def be one of those things where i only take small amounts off at a time and test fit after each time maybe one or two passes on each side with the same sand paper test, then another pass, test and so on till it fits. 1/16" is not a lot of room for error.

Thanks again for your help!

Comment

USA Custom Guitars offers a 2 1/4" neck pocket and a Dinky sized body

http://www.usacustomguitars.com/bodies/guitar/

Comment

oh damn, and they do the music man/wolfgang body style too thats pretty cool.

Comment

Working...
              X