Pa crossover help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pa crossover help

Anybody know how to use these damn things?? picked up a behringer cx2310 ( https://tomzap.com/tomzaptheband/equ...2310manual.pdf )

Im trying to figure out how to run a really basic setup. I want to run my mains above say 100 hz and the subs below, thats it..it should be easy but this thing has way to many switches dials and plugs lol

How do I pull this off??

***edit...I think I have it somewhat figured out, but any tips would be helpfull...****
    Last edited by phragle; 05-11-2018, 08:36 PM.
    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

I had one of these. Beware of the "Range" switch on the back. This one had me guessing for a while!

I never used the "Subwoofer" section of it. I used it as a 2 way stereo crossover like you want to.

I used to set the high and low outputs to minimum, input to zero, then the crossover to your desired frequency, in your case 100hz (This is where the switch on the back is key!). Then I brought up the low output to zero, then brought up the high output to a level so that the mid/high speakers sounded balanced with the subs. I usually left the LOW CUT and phase controls alone.

This assumes that the subs are plugged into the LOW output and the mid/highs are plugged into the HIGH output. Make sure the MODE switch is in for STEREO 2-WAY, anmd use the labels under the sockets for the connections.

Hope this helps!
    A Charvel CX592, Jackson JS20 and a Jackson DK2, amongst others....

Comment

Working...
    X