B string keeps slipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B string keeps slipping

Hey my fellow Jacksoniers! My b string keeps slipping out of the string block on my tremolo! Any ideas why or any tricks anyone can share?

Assuming this is a 7 string and low B...

Instead of clipping the ball end, clip the other end.
    Measure out just enough of the unwound portion so that the thinner portion is being locked in, but the wound portion is running through the saddle.

==================

If this is a 6 string - buy a new block.
    And depending on what model trem you have, you can also run the ball end through the hole, bypassing a need for a block.

Comment

0. how tight do you lock down the saddle? obviously you shouldn't strip it out, but it should be pretty darn tight.
      1. make sure the block insert is oriented correctly
      2. clean the saddle and insert
      3. make sure the lock is initially backed up enough when restringing so the end of the string can be fully inserted into the saddle. see if you can get the tip of the string to become crimped around the bottom of the insert when locked down

Comment

Re clipped the string, backed the block out and seated the fresh cut end. Gonna play some Thin Lizzy and see if that worked. Back in a bit for an update!

Comment

Wich trem is it? I had that happen on a jt-580 once and it was because the saddle was so worn out.

Comment

Originally posted by ed View Post
            Wich trem is it? I had that happen on a jt-580 once and it was because the saddle was so worn out.
            It’s what ever is on a 2017 js32q. Floyd Rose special?

Comment

If it is losing its grip you can try swapping the 5th and 2nd string saddles.

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                If it is losing its grip you can try swapping the 5th and 2nd string saddles.
                Good call!

Comment

Alot of times the string block insert gets grooves into it from the string being crushed into it. What I've found works is to run it across a piece of 600 grit sand paper to get rid of the groove. Doesn't take much. Also make sure your string is seated and centered before you lock it down.
                  Or just buy new ones because they aren't much really.
                  'Howling in shadows
                  Living in a lunar spell
                  He finds his heaven
                  Spewing from the mouth of hell'

Comment

When i restring i bend the cut end of the high E and B string in a J bend. Just enough to fit in the saddle, it stops them from slipping out.

Comment

Originally posted by Startingline View Post
                      When i restring i bend the cut end of the high E and B string in a J bend. Just enough to fit in the saddle, it stops them from slipping out.
                      What do you mean j bend? You curve them? If so, how?

Comment

order new saddles
                        Gear https://images.imgbox.com/e4/00/IxQywXkV_o.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gps100proof View Post
                          What do you mean j bend? You curve them? If so, how?
                          I just grab the end with some needle nose pliers

Comment

Working...
                          X