Visual guide to fret wear?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visual guide to fret wear?

Just curious if we could post some photos of fret wear on our site and note the playing hours or age beside them? A couple of my main guitars are starting to show some wear around the 12th -15th frets and I am a little surprised (on average I might play 8-10 hours a week). Will post photos if it is something that has never been looked at before.

Any idea what value that drops the resale on a used guitar? Is it a sliding scale or simply as long as it doesn’t need a re-fret I should expect to pay fair market value.
    Last edited by Alissarr; 04-19-2018, 03:39 PM.

If you spend all your time worrying about you resale value, you will never truly enjoy a guitar!

I have no idea about market values, but guitars I play a lot need refret after a year or so. I look at frets as wear and tare items that are replaced as a maintainace item like putting new tires on your car. I do not fret(pun) about it to much.

Comment

Only one year on a set of new frets?? Good lord! You need to look into the stainless ones.

Comment

Working...
      X