Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• preamps

Hello me it`s me again.
    Is there someone who can tell me if ART-SGX 2000 is a good preamp? What about the Peavy Rockmaster? By the way, I`m looking for hard Thrash/Death sounds.

Re: preamps

Here's a couple you might wanna try:
    1) Sansamp PSA-1 - I just got one, and the gain on these is REALLY over the top. Very nice analog sound from this one. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.
    2) Rocktron Piranha - pretty cool as well. You have LOTS of sound options via the sweepable mid.
    3) Rocktron Voodoo Valve - never had one, but I've heard a few - they have some pretty brutal gain. I have a Replitone modelling amp that has a patch based on the VV, and it's HEAVY!!

ART made cool stuff, but it's pretty outdated by most standards. I had the EXTREME once - cool little processor. Don't know a thing about Peavey stuuf though. Good luck!!

Comment

I've played the Peavey Rockmaster preamp and it's a great sounding preamp for the money ($100 or so). It's three channels, basicly all tube, and has separate effects loops for each channel. For a budget rack, you could do much worse than the Rockmaster.

Ross

Comment

If you look at the ART SGX2000 series, try to get the Express version of it. I can't remember the differences, but I seem to remember reading that the Express version was much better. I owned an SGX2000 Express myself for a while, tons of goodies, and interesting features, for a "cheap" preamp/effects unit.

Had a Rockmaster for a while, too...it's just a preamp, no effects like the ART, as I remember. But it's got more preamp tubes and a much more tubey flavor than the ART.

Comment

Working...
        X