New Amp for Hard Rock and Metal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Amp for Hard Rock and Metal

I like my tone to be warm like you get for EL34 power amp tubes. I want it to be about 50 Watts and I want it to have 2 or 3 channels. I am going for a 2x12 Combo or a Half-Stack and I would like it had a mix knob on the effects loop. I was look at some of the Mesa's (Single Recto and Nomad 55 with the Power Amp tubes switched to EL34s, of course). Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
    Nek

Re: New Amp for Hard Rock and Metal

check this out

http://www.rhinoamps.com/dcblackstar.html

Read about it this model. It's a GREAT amp and no I'm not some mindless Yngwie clone or a Rhino dealer. I've had many amps over the years and I'm blown away by this thing. Great bargain if you buy direct.

Comment

Ive heard some bad things about rhino amps. Personally id go with the Mesa single recto. that amp is screaming with gain . i love my Single Recto. simply one of the best amps ever.

Comment

For two grand and over the Bogner Uberschall is king [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

I was leaning towards the Single Recto with EL34s in it. Has anybody heard one with EL34s in it? What does it sound like? Thanks.

Nek

Comment

Nek: Mine has had Svetlana EL34's in it now for quite some time. I LOVE it!

Bill: You'll get NO argument from me there! Just awaiting the good ole' Tax return and I'll be joining you! hahahah

Comment

Troy your gonna love it... [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

For under a grand, I firmly believe the Mesa Single Rec's can't be beat. I LOVE mine. Now, if you wanna talk over 2 grand, it becomes a different ball game! hahahah

Comment

I wonder if the Rhino 2x12 Cabinet is any good? It sais you can get them with Celestions or Eminence speaker!! I was thinking Celestion Vintage 30`s. Jack.

Comment

Working...
                  X