DOD YJM Distortion Pedal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DOD YJM Distortion Pedal

Has anyone try'd this pedal out? What exactly is suppost to do? I tried it out with a DKMGT into a old Ampeg combo and it didn't seem to have much balls too it,if you know what I mean.I was playing with the booster on the guitar on max more then half the time because there was hardly any sustain or chunk to it.I guess it is called the YJM pedal and not Super Death Metal but this pedal had less gain then a cranked Fender Twin [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Re: DOD YJM Distortion Pedal

It should work great with amps like Marshall.
    I don't think this pedal is a Distortion pedal that gives massive gain.
    I had a 76 Marshall 50watt and used DOD 250 pedal,it sounded pretty good but with other amps like Peavey,Fender,Soldano I tried, sounded real strange.Very muddy sound.
    If the amp doesn't have gain or too much gain, this pedal will be hard to use.

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Maybe it was the amp,it was a '70s Ampeg,I don't know.Is it just a booster pedal or do people use it for crunchy rhythm tones too?

Comment

I'm pretty sure it's an overdrive, intended to be used as a boost for the amp's lead channel....but don't quote me on that.

Comment

My friend that plays "Gravy" in Mushroomhead, is using two of those pedals together!!!

Interesting, to say the least, haha...

Comment

So if I were to get this pedal it'd be best used as a solo booster along with say a Boss Overdrive for rhythm?

Comment

I used to use the old OD250s. It's not meant as a stand alone pedal. It's meant to boost a crunchy amp like a seventies master volume Marshall.

Comment

Ok I see now.So would it work good with a Peavey 5150 combo?
                I don't have one yet(5150)but I plan on getting one and would like a booster for solos.

Comment

I can see it now, "Step on the YJM Distortion Pedal and Unleash the F*cking Fury!" [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I have one and I use it with my 5150 combo. I use it as a solo boost. I think it's great for that only.

Comment

Working...
                    X