Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my XTC 101a!!!

hey Guys,
    Just got my Bogner XTC in the mail last week.. what a fukkin amp! I'm tellin you, this amp has mean chunk and excellent straight ahead gain, think AC\DC, Old Scorpions, Kiss. The clean channel is nice and warm too, plenty of headroom.
    This XTC is the 101a model with the 6L6 tubes, man I love it. I gotta make some clips for you guys!!
    The Red channel has got to be the best soudning channel for ripping leads I have ever heard!

clips to come

Re: Just got my XTC 101a!!!

Wow, the Uber and the Ecstacy!! Awesome dude! You sir are stylin now!!!

You'll find the Ecstacy is an amazing cool amp, with outstanding tone and character.

Awaiting clips!!!!

Comment

Clips are a must!!!!

Comment

I want a Bogner 101B
        [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

very nice Thingman. Thats the reason I opted for a 101b over the Uber. If youre a soloing wanker, its a much better fit (for me).

JOHN

Comment

Awesome [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Please keep us posted ...especially me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Thingman , how does it compare to the Uberschall in Brutality . Is it close , not even near or a whole different animal all together??

[ January 15, 2003, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Yeah, lemme give you guys a quick rundown on this baby..

The clean channel is fatter than the Uber clean only because it's fitted with 6L6GC's, you can hear it's a "bigger" clean.
              The Blue Channel is like I said before, a perfect vintage ACDC sound, when you hit the boost, it's good for solos too. I see it more as my rythm channel

The RED Channel can be made to reach brutality.. I can get it to sound pretty damn close to my Uber when you crank the bass! It is definitley chunky with screaming solos. I need to make some clips, this amp has so many diffrent variables like old\new switch, 3 preamp settings, boosts, half power/full power, and 2 or 3 other little dip switches that change the complexion of the amp.
              For the most brutal metalheads out there that only want to play crushing death or speed metal, may find alot of the amp's features useless.
              The red channel does rule though! It can be very modern sounding

Yo Bill, it's pretty damn close bro.. it's not a diffrent animal in the signature Bogner gain department, just overall has ALOT more features and less bass than the Uber. Uber reaches higher gain levels (I'd say the 101a stops at 2 0'clock on the Uber gain dial). Also the mids cannot be scooped quite as hard

[ January 15, 2003, 07:54 AM: Message edited by: thingman ]

Comment

Thanks that was a great description that I can almost hear. No need for me checking into one I guess......I fall into that go crazy go nuts speed / death catagory thingy. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

You would probably think I'm nuts but I play with the gain of the Uber full up and with no flubbing at all....I like it! [img]graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

[ January 15, 2003, 08:04 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                X