head cutting sound - what to use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• head cutting sound - what to use

I would like to get me a decent rig. I mostly play harder type of Metal. In fact, I am still in search of the perfect sound. What I want is brutal and huge sound with xxxtra heavy palm muting possibilities. As for pick up, I am thinking of Di Marzio Evolution or EMG 81. What about the other stuff? I want a first class amp. Heard that ENGL Savage is great. What about the pre amp? Have any suggestions? One of my friends recomended me ADA pre amp.

Re: head cutting sound - what to use

If I had the cash, I'd buy a Soldano SLO.

Comment

If you are on a budget, an ADA MP-1 is hard to beat. Midi contollable, three differetn voicings, 128 presets. Pretty good driven sounds, a little weaker for clean sounds. I have 2 of them. They can be bought on the Bay for $100 and less.

Comment

If you want a preamp with heavy bottom,how about Rocktron Piraniah(sorry if I spelled it wrong).
        But then buying a preamp and power amp separately will cost more sometimes.

How about 5150?
        It sounds great for the sound and it sound real good with EMG or Dimarzio Evolution.I tried it before.

You can get a used one for $400-500 and a new one
        maybe around $600-700.

I also heard Peavey XXX is good for heavy sound.

[img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Guys, thanx for your posts!! I have absolutelly no knowledge about pre amps and stuff, as I always used "normal" processors, Zoom 4040 right now(sorry if I spell something wrong, I am not from English speaking teritory) and combo Solton. I also have a Marshall 120 Lead(if that`s the name?). Man, this Marshall is definitelly not designed for Metal. Have to sell it a.s.a.p. I was thinking to sell all of this stuff, add a little bit of extra cash, and buy something decent. Maybe I wil get ADA for start. But knowing myself, I will play it for a month, and than get all itchy and want to buy something better. I might get a 5150 to check it out.
          Thanx for advice guys!!

Comment

ARRRRGGGHHH....I forgot to say, I definatelly want a great heavy bottom. And also, I am not so interested in clean sound. I want an animal distortion. If I can get such distortion, I can sacrifice the clean.

Comment

Originally posted by warhead:
              ARRRRGGGHHH....I forgot to say, I definatelly want a great heavy bottom.
              <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then I'd suggest donuts. And cake. Loooots of cake. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]
              Hail yesterday

Comment

A cheap solution would be a 5150 - it's the Official Amp of Swedish Death Metal (tm). Actually, they can sound pretty cool - well, I've heard other people get them to sound good, anyway. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

The next teir would be a Mesa Recto, which is what I use. Be warned, though, if you want to brutal bottom end with this amp, you _have_ to use a Recto cab. The heads are usually available used for reasonable prices, especially the Single Rectifier.

After that, prices go into the stratosphere, with the Bogner Uberschall being the most brutal I've heard.

If you're on a budget, 5150 is probably the way to go.

Mike
                Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

The ADA with a tube power amp should also get you fixed up, but for the ultimate in semi-modelling and true tone-shaping, you want an external EQ (graphic or parametric, as long as you can tweak everything from frequencies affected to shelving).
                  The ADA by itself is very grainy and glassy IMO, but with a beefy EQ in an external unit, you can peel paint, shake doorjambs, and shear sheep with it [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Newc
                  I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                  X