Hughes & Kettner Triamp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hughes & Kettner Triamp

What do you think of the amp? What kind of sound does it have? Would it be good for metal i.e. megadeth?

Re: Hughes & Kettner Triamp

I have a friend who loves that amp. It has 6 different channels (three switchable) etc... You want a good review though go to Clevlandmetalzone and look at the amp shootout. I think the Triamp compares well to boogies and Marshalls but when you get to high end solbano and Bogner it doesn't hang.

It can get good and heavy though. The big knock on the first one was reliablity the Mark II is supposed to be way better. Alex Lifeson is using that amp now
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Re: Hughes & Kettner Triamp

Yeah, I wrote the amp shootout in the amp reviews section there, thanx for the plug bro! [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] See link below

I have to note that the Triamp that I reviewed there was not the newest one that is currently available. I'm told by some people here that they have made improvements in the sound that help quite a bit.

Nicely made amp nonetheless and technologically quite impressive. I thought the one I played sounded dull and lifeless along the lines of a DSL100. I hope the new ones really are good sounding, cuz it's a very good looking piece.

Comment

Working...
      X