Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting a bunch of feedback on my "new" Model 2, might need a new pickup.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a bunch of feedback on my "new" Model 2, might need a new pickup.

I bought a Model 2 and I'm getting a bunch of feedback from my Pod. The amp sim I'm using is basically a dimed Marshall with an overdrive, and while it's noisy I've never had it feedback. The previous owner added a coil tap switch to it and their soldering skills are actually worse than mine, so that might be the cause, but I'm not sure. I ordered a new pot, jack, and a old JB for it, and I was planning on just redoing everything, but it's been so long since I've had a guitar with a bar I forgot that the bridge pickup needs to be F spaced. It still has the J90c in it, and sometimes it sounds killer and sometimes it's really thin sounding , so I think it might have to do with the wiring, but I'm not sure.

So do y'all think rewiring it will fix it, or should I try putting a new pickup in it?

And since, let's face it, who doesn't want to see pictures of it?

The pickup does not need to be F-spaced considering Jackson's JT6 trem and pickups are standard spacing. Though, it really won't matter soundwise which version you get if you decide to get a new pickup.

I'd first try to fix the wiring. If the last owner tried to put an actual coil TAP into a humbucker, that might screw things up since coil tapping is something that is only done on single coil pickups. Humbuckers can actually be coil SPLIT.
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Ok, cool.

Comment

Working...
      X