A Good Noise Gate for a a lot of gain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Good Noise Gate for a a lot of gain

Right Now i´m looking for a really good Rack version Noise Gate, for My blue Voodoo (for effect) that i´m running it with a lot of gain, and happen to have some noise... i was thinking about the Super C Hush from rocktron, but i´ve read that is not that good... So i´m looking for a good Gate (for rack),... Midi Controllable would be cool, any sugestion? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Re: A Good Noise Gate for a a lot of gain

i just realize, that i didn´t said, for the Effect Loop of the Amp...

Comment

dbX 266 Compressor/Limiter/Gate

Fully midi controllable, and works great at high gain. You can find 'em all over ebay.

I have the older Project1 version, but the newer ones have a different compression curve now.

Comment

I dunno about the current Rocktron products, but I have an older Rocktron Guitar Silencer that is EXCELLENT. I'm using it in the studio on our demo, and the engineer commented on how well it works. I don't even have the gate engaged, only the Hush feature.
        sigpic

Comment

Josh-

Consider the Rocktron Pro Q - it's MIDI, got Hush and a pro EQ to boot. Mine works GREAT with my Bogner.

Just my .02.

Jer [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Well Voodoo it seen like this pro q, is already discontinued, i will better try ebay or something, i´ll really like one midi controllable (something that the Super C is not), in that way i can put it in bypass mode when i don´t need it (ex. Clean Channel), by the way i´m controlling my whole rack via midi.

umm... another question come to my mind...

after my preamp i´m using a digital eq from roland to mid scoop my distortion... this gate would work better before or after this eq??? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

thanx 4 u help guys!

Comment

I run my Rocktron after my EQ.
              sigpic

Comment

I run the the rocktron huch super c it works great.I never have to turn it off going from high gain to clean.I dont think you really need one that is midi controllable.

Comment

yeah.... paul is right. I always just set it and forget it. I never turn it off.

Comment

That's was i wanted to hear parntz145 and Firebird V!! [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] , so you guys no have problem using different channel with the same setting in the supec c, perfect them, i will go straight to the Super C, i was just concerned about this cause i would hate that this thing chop my sound somehow

Thanks for your help guys!!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                    X