90's Charvel 275 deluxe floyd jt-570 upgrade mod to double locking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 90's Charvel 275 deluxe floyd jt-570 upgrade mod to double locking

I've picked up this 275 a couple years ago & i've learned that the base of the cheaper single locking schaller floyd trems are same as double locking trems so i've attempted to upgrade as basically you need to only upgrade the saddles & lock screws .(you will need the stubby thicker schaller type clamp screws rather than the floyd type ) the problem I'm having is the lock screws move side to side causing tuning problems .I'm wondering if any one else has done this & if there is a solution ?
    So basically I'm trying to convert a Schaller jt-570 to a Schaller jt-590 .

Check out http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/TremoloInfoProject.htm and scroll down to "JT-570, modified to double locking" to see how a JCFer converted his JT570 into a JT590.

Comment

I had this issue too. I think I have a Fusion mutt - Jackson body, Charvel neck and this is how I ran into this problem. I had 2 trems from similar guitars but no way would the Schaller parts play well with each other. Combining parts I ended up with a Schaller Floyd that had side-to-side play with the locking screws. I had to find someone with the fat, "coke-bottle" looking locking screws. Problem solved.

Comment

Working...
      X