DG Stomp -- Ugh -- Digital effects -- Blah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DG Stomp -- Ugh -- Digital effects -- Blah

Well, I'm sending back my DGStomp from Yamaha. Less than 30 days and the thing has crapped out in rehearsal. The same thing happened to my GFX-8 by Zoom. What's with these POS digital effects boxes??? The other guitarist in my band is using a $599 POD Pro, and I told him, good luck when it dies on you.

I'm getting a Nady Floor Play 3. Has anyone used these? Very simple, three effects (distortion, delay, chorus). All three can be used by themselves, all at once, or in any combination. Plus, it's got a bypass. The only thing I'm afraid of is that the distortion won't be what I'm looking for, but if not, I'll use my amp's gain.

Argh ... is there anything out there that just offers a few good sounds all in one box??? Or do I have to spend $100 on this box, $250 on this box, $1000 on this rack system, etc.??? Somebody, please, just come out with a simple solution that's not digital and doesn't die!
    My YouTube Videos | My SoundCloud Page

Re: DG Stomp -- Ugh -- Digital effects -- Blah

Ibanez had some pedals called UE5 or something like that - had a TS9, chorus, delay and a noise gate or something like that. Also had one with a real tube preamp section.

Picked one up for $100 at a local pawn shop, turned it for quite a bit more cash - but you can find em in the $200 range pretty easy I think.

Pete

Comment

Okay, I sent back the DG-stomp and picked up:

Rocktron Rampage Distortion
      Rocktron Tsunami Chorus
      Dunlop Crybaby Wah

I think these will suit my needs for now. I'll probably add a delay later, and perhaps an acoustic simulator and flanger. That's one thing I have to say about individual effects: getting started, they're expensive, but once you've got a few, adding on is relatively easy. And unlike multi-effects, when one box dies, only that one box has to be replaced, not every single effect.

I guess that's what's good about rack systems, too, but those are for the rich!

--Dan

Comment

yeah, but this way you get to pick your favorite overdrive, favorite flanger, favorite etc...

Pete

Comment

Good point!

Comment

Working...
          X