AVT50 help. kevhogAZ ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AVT50 help. kevhogAZ ?

Hi there, can someone help me figure out how to get the head of my AVT50 out of the cab. It's the combo version and I want to check out the insides. Every now and again it makes funny hissing noises when on the clean channel, sometimes on the OD channel but it's harder to hear when that happens.

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: AVT50 help. kevhogAZ ?

I had mine out twice, once to put in a tube Chuckracer gave me, and once to put the stock one back in it. Just take out the four screws in the top, unplug the speaker from the jack, and pull it straight back. If you're gonna take the head all the way out, you'll probably have to remove the back, and get the speaker cord out of the way completely, since the head binds up on it, about half way out.

By the way, how did you know I Uhad an AVT?

Comment

So I guess that tube blew the "Chinese Preamp Tubes are great" theory, huh?

Comment

Kevhog you mentioned it in another post that you had one. I forget which one it was. Well I don't know if the tube has blown, how can I tell? All I know is that every now and again it does some funny things and I wanna check it out, there might be some dust in there or something. Thanks for the help, i'll pull it out and have a look. If I turn it on when it's open and watch the tube are there any tell tale signs?

Also any brand of tube that is accepted as a good one to replace the stock tube?

Comment

I just put in one of Chucks tubes out of his SLO. I don't even remember what it was, to be honest with you. I do know it kicked ass over the Marshall tube. I was using a Duncan Distortion in My PS6T, and with that chinese tube, it had a bit more gain at volume. I had trouble though, when I slapped in a Dimebucker, it was too much for that amp, I believe. I don't know much about amps, so maybe somebody has the answer to your tube question, I'm retarded when it comes to electrical stuff.

Comment

I'm retarded when it comes to electrical stuff.
            <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">hehe, I know your pain, hope to learn more though. Thanks for the help so far anyways. Hopefully someone has the answer for what to look for in the tube, then I'll go pull her apart and see what's up.

Comment

Working...
            X