huhges & kettner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huhges & kettner

Hello all, I've been looking at buying a triamp and am wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I need something really versatile and with all the options on it, it looks like something I'd be happy with. any comments will help. thanx

matt [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: huhges & kettner

I checked out one at a guitar show this year. I was really impressed. It was a MKII. The MKI I didn't care too much for, but the MKII did Fender/Vox/British vintage-modern/ and modern high gain all pretty damn good. If I found one at the right price I'd buy it.

Comment

As a new Rivera Knucklehead tri-channel owner I suggest you try those out to...if you can find one. They are built like tanks and sound great although I am talking about the EL-34 version, I haven't played through the 6L6 version.

Comment

our former guitarist has one of the mkI's. It's a decent amp for it's money. Little low on the gainside though and one of four amps,(channel) I think it's the second is not controlable in volume...

for that price I'd go for the Diezel Herbert that should come out soon... should be far superior to the trimap IMO...

Comment

thanx for the responses. i need all the info i can get. ive heard great things about both suggestions. does anyone know of an online dealer of rivera products? i definately want something that does the high gain stuff well. but 3 channels is a must. so the knucklehead sounds like a good option. in the end i'll have to a\b them but with where i live that will be a while [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

matt

[ January 08, 2003, 09:54 PM: Message edited by: guitarded ]

Comment

Here is a place that the Rivera guys have listed as an authorized dealer...they are in Lakewood CO., dont know how close you are to them but here is their number. 303-942-1330
            It says on their website that they have one in stock. Perhaps you could go tey it out and see if you like it, I certainly like mine. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

sweet. thanx, unfortunatly i am 4 hours from there but im always lookin for an excuse to go to denver. every time i'm there my wife hates it cause i spend an hour talking to jason at dcgl. usually followed by an hour of begging her to have a new jackson. [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

matt

Comment

Yeah John and I have a freind that owns one . They look beautifull but we were not impressed with the sound at all. He wants to sell it and is just using his Marshall DSL. You could do better for the money ...Seriously IMO!!! but this was a MK I , I can't see the MK II be that far removed ...I could be wrong ...which is never [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[ January 09, 2003, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: horns666 ]
                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                X