Amps: Bang for the buck.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amps: Bang for the buck.

Right now, I'm looking at a peavey bandit. The tone is really pretty cool, for what I need. I played it through a peavey guitar (V-Type EXP). This is my favorite setup in my price range.

If you have suggestions, please post. My budget is about $500. I can't go too much higher than that. TONE for the buck is what I need. 100 watts is the power that I would like.

Any posts would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Re: Amps: Bang for the buck.

Where are you located? For $500, in Vancouver, you could get a Marshall JCM 900 and a host of other used amps that are much better than the Peavey. I see Peaveys sell here for $150-$200 Canadian.

Comment

You have mail. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Metallicarocks,
        Peavey is your best bang for the buck as far as your budget is concerned. Besides...you can't kill them no matter how hard you try!

I worked for an amp repair shop for 1 1/2 years...in that whole time I worked there, I saw maybe 3 Peaveys come in for minor problems.
        My former boss, who is a well-respected "amp guru" highly recommends Peavey amps for those on budgets.

Comment

If you're looking for a combo, you could probably get a 5150 for about that much. If you're looking for a head, I recommend a Carvin MTS3200.

Comment

Look for 5150s on E Bay for about that much... Jared, trust me, you don't need a halfstack, the 5150 can get plenty loud.

Comment

Yeah bro, take these guys' seasoned advice. Buy my 5150 in the classifieds. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Or check out an XXL for about five and a half new, this amp is one of the best solid state amps I have ever test ran, or even bothered to check out for that matter.

Comment

5150 Halfstack... The combo sounds crappy.

5150 is the sound of Swedish metal... A great amp for the bucks...

Comment

Whoa, I'll definetely take a look at ebay. I'll check out the classifieds section too.

Thanx for all of the help! [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]

Comment

LOL John, are you sure about that? Not all of the combos sound crappy LOL...

The combos down here sound great.

Comment

Umm, no Word I have no idea.... [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img] Duh... Of course I'm sure you dork!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I said it!!

The combos don't quite compare to the 5150 half stack with a matching 5150 speaker...

Comment

I went to a local pawn shop and picked up a still packaged Peavey Special 112 , equipped with a 12" Scorpion, and 160 watts. Comes complete with manual, footswitch, cables, and premium amp cover all for an amazing $160.00 US ! Doubt you can beat that price.

I was going to get a new marshall, but now I can focus on getting the GT-6 in two weeks !!!!

Comment

LOL John!!!! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X