Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dunlop 65 Guitar Polish

I recently purchased a Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod. The guitar's neck is maple with a hand rubbed urethane finish. I want to verify that it is safe to use Dunlop 65 Polish on the back of the neck. I spoke with customer service at Fender and they informed me that it is okay to use polish on this type of neck.

Thanks

John

I can't think of any reason why it wouldn't be okay. Only time I'd avoid
    polish on the back of a neck would be an oiled/waxed neck like an EBMM.
    I don't really think it would hurt that either. Most polishes are pretty
    benign. If you're concerned, start by polishing a small area and see how ya
    like it...

Comment

Originally posted by bsce96 View Post
      I recently purchased a Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod. The guitar's neck is maple with a hand rubbed urethane finish. I want to verify that it is safe to use Dunlop 65 Polish on the back of the neck. I spoke with customer service at Fender and they informed me that it is okay to use polish on this type of neck.

Thanks

John
      I have the Charvel MIM neck on my partscaster, and my luthier said it's %100 safe to use that polish on the neck BUT I wouldn't even bother doing that SPECIFICALLY to the fretboard, just polish the back of the neck.

To clean the fretboard just use lighter fluid with a rag, DO NOT use anything else, no lemon oil/soap/other polishes because the fretboard will turn GREEN.

I have turned a few maple fretboards green in my day, so I am telling you specific instructions because that green will never go away .

If you have some heavy gunk just use some steel wool and a razor blade, i assume back in the day with touring musicians that's all they used. Steel wool/lighter fluid/razer blade.

No reason to buy a lot of shitty products on the market.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Working...
        X