pedal order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pedal order

Hi all,I need to know what order to put some boss effects in.They are going into the effects loop of a lee jackson head.The pedals are as follows 1. ge7 eq,2. ch1 chorus 3. od3 over drive 4.ns2 noise gate.I know it makes a difference in thew sound depending on the order you put the effect in.Please give me some help.

Re: pedal order

I wouldn't have it all in the effects loop. The distortion and Eq I would have in front of the amp, assuming you want to shape the distortion with the Eq, and the the chorus and the noise gate in the effects loop, noisegate comming last, I think that's where it shoud go.

Anyways someone else will be able to give you reasons as to why to place things where. Try every different combination you can think of and see which one you like best. Everyones ear's are different

Gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

Like Gaz said, the Distortion will go in the front. The Eq can go in either DEPENDING on what you want to do with it.

You should never put any kind of distortion or overdrive in the loop.Usually the noise gate goes last, but I run my delay after the gate , that way the gate won't cut off the delay. It may or may not be the same way with a Chorus.
      Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

So if i was going to run a overdrive.I should put the guitar cord from the guitar to the overdrive pedal then from the overdrive to the input of the head?And run everything else in the loop?Is that the right way?

Comment

yes, that is the right way. And if you get a wah, put it before the distortion. Time based effects go in the loop, gain based effects in front. As stated, EQ doesnt really matter, whatever sounds best to you.

JOHN

Comment

Thanks alot for all the help.I just won a boss od3 off the bay, as soon as it gets here I will try this set up.Will let you all know how it sounds.Thanks paul..

Comment

Working...
            X