Need help I.D.ing a JCM 800 mini-head

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help I.D.ing a JCM 800 mini-head

I saw a JCM 800 smallbox head at a local store and I wanted to know if any of you guys might know something about it- It was the split channel model 50watt in a smaller size chasis- The entire head was small and the control knobs were located on top- I think the model was jcm800 4xxx something- It's selling at $350.00 and I was thinking about buying it - The serial number is: 08506R What year? Any info would be greatly appreciated- Thanx, Neddi
    www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Re: Need help I.D.ing a JCM 800 mini-head

Hi foolius,
    I just checked the German Marshall-website and it says that the letter (that 'R' in the serial number) says when it was built. The one you found was built in 1983, according to the site. Hope that helps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Thanx bro- Anyone else? Will Trace at Voodoo mod this head? Hey Trace, you out there?

Comment

I posted this at my board too, but if you come here first...

Well, you are missing the model designation, which would come before the 5 digit number you have there...

A/ or /A = 200 Watt
        RI = Reissue Series
        S/ or S/A = 50 Watt
        SB/ or SB/A= Super Bass - 100 Watt
        SL/ or SL/A = Super Lead - 100 Watt
        SP/ = Super PA
        ST/ or ST/A = Tremolo - 100 Watt
        T/ or T/A Tremolo - 50 Watt

The 5 digit number number means little,. But the R suffix means it was produced in 1983

Comment

It's a JCM 800 4210 if that helps- And it's a small head, not a combo-

Comment

Well, a 4210 would be channel switching, 50 watts, 1x12, combo version of a 2205 head...

Not sure what to tell ya there bro... I'm impressed... Maybe a booboo on marshall or something... Good price I'd say... for a 50 watt marshall..

[ December 30, 2002, 05:18 PM: Message edited by: Cleveland Metal ]

Comment

Working...
            X