Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson Apogee 50 (Celestions) combo/Peavey (Sheffield) cab in the studio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson Apogee 50 (Celestions) combo/Peavey (Sheffield) cab in the studio...

It's taken a year and a half to get to this point, but my band is heading into a studio on New Years Day to start recording our demo. It's a basement studio, but the guy has a setup that rivals many pro studios. Anyway, we spent a couple of hours discussing amps and cabs, and I'm leaning heavily towards bringing my Jackson Apogee 50 tube combo down. I'll be using my trusty ART Xtreme for distortion.

I've never recorded with this amp. In the past, I've always used a Peavey of some sort. It has Celestion Vintage 30s in it, but I'll also be bringing a Peavey 212M cab with Sheffields in it -- I think it was the shortlived attempt at a matching cab for the 5150 combo. I'm not sure what mic he'll be using, but there are several mic preamps and EQs to experiment with. Obviously there will be a lot of EQing to do, but does anyone have any specific tips for either the Vintage 30s or Sheffields in terms of recording? Would this combination of speakers be a bad idea? This amp and cab have sat in my living room, largely unplayed, for over a year, but I thought it would be cool to give the Jackson amp a shot in the studio.
    sigpic
Working...
X