Best way to ship a tube combo amp...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best way to ship a tube combo amp...

I'm sending my Yamaha T100 combo. I found some cool looking cardboard padding from a printer that I'll use in an oversized box with some bubble wrap and packing peanuts. Is it a good idea to pull all the tubes along with it, and send them along in a seperate smaller box? I've shipped alot of guitars with no problem, so I'm guessing this will be a lot like that only heavier - ALOT HEAVIER!

Any tips would be appreciated.

Re: Best way to ship a tube combo amp...

ive used foam board wrap the entire amp with 2 pieces thick of foam board about 2" worth then box around that. u shouldnt need to pull the tubes but better safe then sorry. I also label the tubes so they can be put back in in the same order.
    2" of padding is a guideline used by UPS & some others I only really dealt with UPS. if you ship in a NEW box with burst seal & have 2" of padding it is much easier to get paid if something get damaged. if for some dumb reason U have the original factory box & packing stuff that is also good, but who keeps that crap. U may want to check who ever you use to ship what there guidelines are it makes it much easier later.

Comment

Working...
    X