Ohms switch on TSL60

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ohms switch on TSL60

I recently bought a TSL60 and I'm hooking it up to a Marshall 1936 two-speaker cab. Should the ohms switch be at 8 or 16 ohms? I know it's a newb question, but bear with me...

Re: Ohms switch on TSL60

It really depends on how the speaker cab is wired and what the resistance on the speakers is. The best way to tell without any research is to take a multimeter (set to measuer resistance) and put one end on each pole of the input jack on the cab. You'll then find out the resistance, and set your amp accordingly.

Comment

Well on the back of the cab it says 16 ohms for stereo and 8 for mono. I'm guessing stereo is only if you have more than one cab, right? I've been using 8 ohms, but the amp is surprisingly quiet. I can turn the volume knobs up quite a bit before it even gets to an acceptable playing volume. This is my first time dealing with a head unit, so any help is appreciated.

Comment

I hear ya....plug it into the mono 150w/8ohm input and set the amp head to 8ohms at the back and only use one of the two 8/4 ohm outputs. If you had two 1936's hooked up you'd use the same mono input and set the amp to 4ohms. Generally one 4x12 cab is 16ohms, and using two 4x12's would mean using the amp set to 8ohms...make sense?

Vic

Comment

My TSL100 has a button on the front which makes my 100watt amp work like a 20watt (it acts like a Marshall Brake). Its on the left side.

joe...
          www.godwentpunk.com
          www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

The TSL100 is actually a 120Watt amp, and that switch makes the whole amp work like a 30watt amp (Marshall say 25 in their literature, but that's based on the amp being 100watts, which it isn't).

This switch has nothing to do with the ohmage of the speakers.

Comment

[ January 08, 2003, 02:45 AM: Message edited by: Kyle ]

Comment

Genebaby-I did not know that my TSL100 was a 120watts?? All the literature says 100watts. How did you find this out. It would be interesting to find out what else this amp is/does that not documentated.

thanks,

joe...
                www.godwentpunk.com
                www.myspace.com/godwentpunk

Comment

Working...
                X