Pedalboard Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pedalboard Question?

OK, this is a pretty basic question but here goes: I scored a couple of pedals for Christmas and want to put together a small pedalboard. One of the pedals is used and the previous owner scraped off the foam padding from the bottom, presumably to put velcro on. Here's my question; which side of the velcro goes on the pedal, and which side is traditionally on those prefab pedalboards. I don't have the board yet, I am leaning towards that black and yellow 'boomerang' shaped one that I have seen advertised in Guitar World. In the meantime, I dont want my pedals skidding all over the floor, so I would like to attach some the proper side of the velcro to them. Thanks for your replies.

Re: Pedalboard Question?

On all the boards I've had and on the two I currently own, the pedal board itself has the soft, "fuzzy" material and the pedals get the harder, plastic "hook" side of the velcro... Hope this helps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yup, that's the way mine is set up.

Comment

I did mine the opposite way; padding on the pedals and hooks on the board. It shouldn't matter, but I just figured that having the hooks on the board would collect less dust than the padding would.
        Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Comment

The hooks on the pedal is the norm and works good on lots of carpet too!!

Comment

When I was using a pedal board, I had them bolted onto the board...............

Comment

I'm with power tube. I used the hooks on the board, they collect too much crap if they're on the pedal and you happen to use the pedal off the board...

Then I bought a TIG welder... No more worries...

Comment

Thanks for all of your replies, guys. I ended up putting the hook side on the pedals, since I am purchasing a prefab pedalboard.

Comment

Working...
                X