Rhino amps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rhino amps

Have any of you guys tried the YJM head or the Beast head? I'm real interested in these amps.. it's either this or the Carvin Legacy. I need you're opinions.

Re: Rhino amps

I haven´t tried one, nor have I heard one. But what I did hear was a rumour that these have virtually no qualitycontrol and are built kinda cheap. This is, however, just gossip and maybe someone who actually has peeked inside one can verify or set the facts straight.

Comment

You sure do like your idols' gear eh Word!

Comment

I just really love the way this amp sounds... sounds better than any other amp I've played through... and yes I do like Yngwie's tone and this does sound like it a good bit. hehe

Comment

Hey Word,

I own a Rhino Beast. It's the combo version with 2X12 Eminence speakers. They make these here in El Paso, TX. I really wish I could give this amp props, but if you have read the reviews on Harmony Central they are pretty much on the money. My 60 watt Ampeg V2 is almost as loud and blows it away when it comes to tone. If you have any particular questions I will be happy to answer them. Luckily I didn't pay the 1,300 price tag. If you are dead set on one I'll sell you mine for $350 plus shipping. It's mint.
          Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Hehe, good stuff Word, so long as you don't gain 80lbs, start wearing button up silk t-shirts halfway open and hitting natural harmonics then throwing the guitar up in the air as if it's supposed to impress me, lol

Comment

Keith,I listened to the sound clips of the Beast, and I wasn't too impressed with it, but the YJM sounds incredible... are the amps reliable?

Comment

Don't worry I won't gain 80 pounds and wear button up shirts half open [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] lol

Comment

Word, have you actually used these amps in person, or are you going by soundclips posted on the internet? Soundclips usually aren't the best things to rely on as far as tone, as they aren't very indicative of how an amp really sounds.

Comment

I had a friend who had a rhino amp and i didnt exactly like his tone. All i can say is play it and if you like it , buy it.

Comment

Word,

I wouldn't use it without a backup. Sometimes I use it along with my Ampeg v2 and 5150 cab just to get stereo effects. I have used it with my talkbox and blew 2 fuses on two different occasions. I am probably going to list mine in my local paper, so that who ever buys it has an opportunity to listen to it. Besides it has a 5 year transferable warranty and their shop is located here in El Paso, so if they have any problems they can get it fixed locally. That is one of the great things I'be heard about rhino. They're tech support is supposed to be really good.

-Keith
                      www.krimsonband.com

Comment

After discussing it with friends in the know, I'm told that thing is basically a marshall circuit with a Boss OD unit style of circuit added into the front end.

And I saw MichaelAngelo blow two Rhino amps up onstage within twenty minutes of each other. Possibly bad power, but shoud they really just take a dump like that?

If you realllllly want that tone, you could find an old 70s Marshall Mark II amd a Boss OD unit.. and shred it up Word....

Comment

John, I guess you're right, but where could I possibly find one of those?!

Comment

Hey Word,

I just checked out the Rhino website. Apperently they have had some problems with the first batch of Rhino YJMs. They are fixing the problem and shipping a revised head. Check out the info, you might also be able to find a dealer near you on their Rhino Amp Sales page. www.rhinoamps.com

Comment

Yeah, I read that, thanks. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X