Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is my ultrafex pro 3200 not working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is my ultrafex pro 3200 not working?

I've got it plugged into the effects loop of the 5150, all the LED's are on and they move around when I play. But I can't hear a difference in the sound at all. the noise reduction is not reducing and the exciter is not exciting. Is this thing just a fancy piece of green blinking lights? or did I buy something that is meant for something besides guitar? What's the deal? I got it for christmas, but I'm not sure If I'm using it right. It's neat looking at any rate.

I also got a Boss Super Overdrive pedal...the yellow one. When I turnt he level up on that, just for aboost...it turns it into this AC/DC blues hard rock crap...sloppy rock distortion.

Re: Why is my ultrafex pro 3200 not working?

I've owned an Ultrafex Pro for over a year now...mine works great, as does one a friend of mine owns. I use mine in a rack gear setup, and it should work just fine in the loop of an amp I'd think.

First thing's first...make sure you have it hooked up right:
    Amp's Effects Send into Ultrafex Input
    Ultrafex Output into Amp's Effects Return

Push the In/Out button for the channel(s) of the Ultrafex you are using...they're on the right-most side of each set of channel sections.

That should fire up the whole effects section for whichever side(s) you are using. Now, start fiddling with knobs. I'd suggest, so you can get a good obvious idea of what the unit can do, crank the High Mix up to about 3-4 and turn the Tune all the way down...then adjust the mix between Enhancer/Exciter. You should definitely be noticing some difference. Also, play with the Bass Processor...I like mine on the Tight setting. Finally, there's the Surround Processor...helps make your sound seem fuller and have a wider sound field...turn it on and crank it up and see what you think.

Personally, I don't use the noise reduction on it. With my setup, no matter what I do, it changes the tone and alters the volume somewhat.

Hope this helps [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
    X