improvement?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• improvement?

I'm kinda not satisfied with my current rig so I'm getting rid of some stuff...

The guitarist in my band is going to buy my preamp, fxunit and poweramp...

rocktron pro G.A.P.
    digitech s-100
    peavey classic 50/50

got a peavey pro-q215 graphic eq and a BBE 482 sonic maximiser that I'm keeping.

Was was thinking of getting a rocktron voodu valve (thnx for the advise clevelandmetal [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ) preamp/fx and a marshall 100/100 poweramp.

would this be a large improvement or would it be running around in circles? I'm on a very tight budget, but I need a better sound... need it fat, punchy and crispy but certainly not muddy

thnx

peter

Re: improvement?

Possibly a VHT 2:90:2 poweramp? If its clarity your look'n for, or a BBE if ya dont own one already.

Comment

I've got a Piranha and it's a killer pre... I run it in tandem with a Marshall JMP-1 using a MidiPro switcher to select between them... The Piranha is very flexible and has some great high gain and warm clean tones in it... You might want to think about the Marshall 100/100 tube power amp tho' (the 9100s?? I can't remember...) These things are STEREO 100 Watts RMS - that's 200 Watts! that's insane!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I mean, unless you're playing arenas and HUGE outdoor festivals without a PA, you'll never need that kind of power... For comparison, I had the Peavey 50/50 power amp and it was not any louder than the Mesa 20/20 I currently use, but a Marshall 100/100 - that's a whole different league! You won't even get that amp sounding good at any volume that won't knock down the walls in the average single family home [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] ...oh, and these Marshalls are HEAVY bastards at almost 80lbs. - add a suitable rack case and the pre & etc. and your rack will crest 120 lbs easy... I'd look at a Marshall or Mesa 50/50 if I were you - either will be significantly ballsier than the Peavy was - or if you're feeling well heeled, try the VHT (but it has the same weight/power issues as the Marshall)... just my 2¢
      my rack and amps

Comment

so mainly the peavey poweramp should be replaced first? good thing to know since I'm on a REALLY tight budget and need to be certain on what I'm doing... I dislike marshall somehow but it's the best option affordable to me (the vht's go for 3000€ here) since they can be found second hand...

I can tweak a good sound I like but just can't get it to a higher level without the sound morphing into something nasty.. and my cab speakers clipping like hell...

Comment

Working...
        X