Donny's First Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Donny's First Time

I thought I would share the story of my first time playing a bogner.....

I moved away from chicago, to south dakota a few years back (dont as why), and as a result I can never try out any cool gear until i go back to chicago. So anyway, I was dying to play an ecstacy. I went to visit my guitar shreddin buddy 'Tetsuo', and we went up to makin music, a bogner dealer.

Now keep in mind, this place was gated off, you gotta tell em who you are on an intercom b4 they let you into the parking lot, they procedded to brag about how they've sold amps to satriani and vai, etc etc. Who cares... i just wanna play a bogner. So i snatch a LP off the wall and head to the amp room.

Hmmm, theres an ecstacy head, but no speaker cab. So i get a marshall cab and start hooking this bad boy up. At this point my wise buddy 'Tetsuo' said, "Donny, dont forget to check the impedence." I was like yah, whatever. He warned me again, "Dude, just check it!" "It's Fine!", i replied.

So i power it up, and hmmm, no sound. I crank the volume full blast, and theres a very soft trebely tone coming through. All of a sudden... POOF! Power light is off, and theres a bad smell fillin the room. [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

'Tetsuo' shakes his head at me. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]

Needless to say, i turned the impedence knob from 16 to 8, and told the guys "their amp was broke, could they fix it?"

So the conclusion of the matter?

Bogner's are stupid [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Re: Donny\'s First Time

Nah, bogners aren't stupid. But, any music store owners tha allow people to play with a $2500+ amp alone in a room by themselves are, haha... Gee, someone might not take care of the equipment and carelessly [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] blow it up or something... [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Everytime I hear the words Bogner I think of that story. Man that was funny.
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

If all it takes to blow an Uberschall up is an ohmage mismatch, then either that was a bad one from the start, or they are an overpriced POS!

Comment

Bogner's really suck.

You can only play one at whisper quiet volume, with an allllll treble tone for 10 seconds max, and then it blows up.

Steve vai must switch to a new bogner every 10 seconds when he plays live.

[img]graemlins/stupid.gif[/img]

Comment

Whoa, for a 5 minute song, thats 30 bogners steve would have to use.

Steve vai must be rich.

[ December 23, 2002, 04:16 PM: Message edited by: Bababueee ]

Comment

or stupid [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

gareth [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                All of a sudden... POOF! Power light is off, and theres a bad smell fillin the room.
                <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Ouch! Remind me to never own a music store! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

My Uber Rocks! I like my VHT rig better, but the Uber, well, it's an Uber, what more can I say?

Pat

Comment

Keep in mind this was the overpriced Ecstasy not the fine quality Ubershall

Comment

BTW Pat what VHT rig do you have?

Comment

Keep in mind this was the overpriced Ecstasy not the fine quality Ubershall
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">After checking them both out closely, with an Uber in my basement for some time now. I'd have to say it's the other way around. The Ecstacy is the great amp and the Uber is overpriced by about a 800 dollars

Comment

My Bogner is still ALIVE! One of the first made by Bogner . The ones bogner remade as the "Classic" was done so to recapture so many thousands of guitarists that were begging for them!

Only problem is that the Classic IS NOT ANYWHERE near the Sonic Climax as the 100B!!

No way Baby....Bogners are tight. If you cant afford one,then I guess you would have to run down to your local dealer just to fantisize. No Offence Intended. [img]graemlins/images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                            X