Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VHT 2150 tubes

Hey

I think I've to buy some new tubes for my VHT because while I'm playing the volume gets up and down. I think I'll get SVetlana KT88 sv but what other tubes are in the VHT ? I'm too lazy take this heavy thing out of my rack. Should I replace these other tubes too ?

dom

Re: VHT 2150 tubes

The VHT 2150 uses the following (assuming you have the VHT 2150 and NOT the classic).

Four KT88/6550A power tubes (two per channel)
    Two 12AU7 driver tubes (one per channel)
    Two 12AX7 preamp tubes (one per channel)

Svetlana's are a good choice for KT88s.

From your description - it sounds like you need power tubes. Get good matched tubes and have it biased.

Personally, if it were me, I'd replace them all anyway - that way you know your VHT has had it's proper maintenance and is set for a while.

Disclaimer: If you don't know what your doing inside the VHT - TAKE IT TO A PROFESSIONAL. There's enough voltage in the 2150 (even when it's unplugged) to kill ya'.

[ December 24, 2002, 11:12 AM: Message edited by: Spiderman ]

Comment

Re: VHT 2150 tubes

I would also go with the Svetlana tubes. That's what I put in mine and love them. Going from the stock chinese VHT KT88s to the Svetlana was an AMAZING difference. We were able to bias them hotter also. And I have used Svets for years in many amps with excellent results.

I used the SINO chinese in mine for the 12AU7 spot. They seem to be doing well ETC. Not really much to do with tone in that position.

I used New chinese 12ax7 tube in it. They're "OK", But I am looking for some older Chinese tubes with the Cheese Grater at the top instead of the round halo. They are so much more solid sounding than the new Chinese stuff.

Comment

Working...
      X