Randall Heads?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randall Heads?

I am thinking of getting a seperate head/cab to A/B for contrast with my 5150. Has anyone played the RH100 or RG100 heads? They are really cheap and I dont care what anyone else says, Dimebag was running through this amp (and other stuff)when he recorded "A Vulgar display of Power" and that is one of the most badassed tones ever layed down! Im would drive to KC and find one to play, but this is much easier!

Re: Randall Heads?

I used to have a RG100ES, which had an amazing sustain booster on it. It was one amazing amp. It was totally reliable, and got great tones. Its distortion was really heavy, and I never bought a Marshall ever again.........Dont have it anymore, but I'll probobly buy one again later on........

Comment

I have an RH100, and I think it's great for the money. Has a nice ss thrash sound, 2 distortion channels and reverb. I also have a 5150II, and am always pleased with the randall's sound even after playing through the peavey. I don't think it has quite the insane volume capabilities as the 5150 amps though.

Another guy around here, Coldvayne, has a Cyclone, I think he posted about it somewhere too.

Comment

Actually man, at every gig I play, I end up with the pre around 4.5 and the volume on 10! In reality, I need an amp louder than my 5150. I thought of some of the new randalls with their 300 watts and everything, I need to try them. Or maybe I need another 4x12. Or a quieter band. [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

What you need is a good PA system. Playing on 10 is nuts. All you need is about 1, and have it miked. The sound quality through a good PA rules..........

Comment

Yeah hes right you shouldnt take it past 5 on volume [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img] . I have mine on 3 because i notice the sound , sounds a hell of alot better than haveing it at 0.5 [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

ColdVayne... can the Cyclone go from Charlie Brown Clean to PigPen Dirty? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Man, If I didnt put the post gain past 5, my tone wouldn't be what it is at full volume where the dynamics of the breathing power tubes create an unimitatable sound. And my my band has the most baddass PA in town, twin EV eliminators w/matching subs, peavey and Mackieamps, mackie board, but we like to crank the guitars and just mike the kick and vocals, it works best for us at our clubs. Im thinking now of a Randall Titan. My buddy is a stagehand at pretty much every concert here in KC, and he said the Randall Titan stacks Down was using sounded incredible. He said their guitar sound just devestated everyone elses, and there where a LOT of good bands at Ozzfest.

Comment

Yeah randalls are balls to the walls [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] . My cyclone is one of my fav amps. I will admit it dont have the volume of my 5150 but you well never in a million years use the whole volume on either one of those amps. I have tried the RH100 and for a ss , its by far the best ss out there for the buck. It has great distortion and lots of sustain and the clean channel on my cyclone owns my peavey 5150 by far.

Comment

i tried the titan and the cyclone sounds heavier and has a 9 band eq on top of the regular 3 band .

Comment

Originally posted by cryoprison:
                      ColdVayne... can the Cyclone go from Charlie Brown Clean to PigPen Dirty? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                      <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">lol it practicly can [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X