X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good trade?

The one I may have a shot at is this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...930233870&rd=1

It says "Made In USA" real large in the ad...

Thanks for your help guys.

Re: Is this a good trade?

I would say yes on the SP-77 as long as it's a USA model. Neddi's old one (one of 'em anyway) was mine. If I was playing through a rack system, that would be the only one I'd need, and it's the best one I've had. They are one HOT preamp especially considering the price you can get them for.

Comment

if it is American Go for it

Comment

That's a US one. I don't know what your guitar is worth, but the SP-77 is worth his $400 starting bid and a pretty decent deal at $425.

There are a bunch of reviews on HC for these, but they got listed under 'effects' rather than 'amps' for some reason. Check them out.

Ross

Comment

Is this a good trade?

I've got a guy that will trade me my Jackson Fusion Pro with EMGs for a Soldano SP77 preamp.
          Is that a fair deal or should I pass on this one?
          Can anybody give me some reviews on the SP77 since Harmony Central doesn't seem to have any?

Comment

All I have been told is to make sure you get the USA model and not the Japanese one. John or Pete or Neddro will have better info for ya, so sit tight.

Comment

Sp-77 is a better preamp IMHO than anything mesa has come out with, for the lead channel. I prefer the cleans on the Mesa Studio and Quad, but the SP-77 is passable to me, just not as Fendery as the Mesas.

I may have just cut my own throat here (was working out a trade with Jim on the guitar he's shopping for the SP-77) but the preamp is a good piece, and worth $350-$425. I sold mine several months ago for $375.

Pete

Comment

I still have one left for sale with new tubes if anyone's interested- $350.00 + shipping- Great deal! I love the SP77 but since I got the X88R I don't think I'll be needing or buying any other amps for quite sometime- I think the Soldano stuff is geared more towards hard rock then metal imo-Exactly what I want! Neddi

btw, I sold that guy that SP77-
                here's mine: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...931019256&rd=1

[ December 21, 2002, 12:46 PM: Message edited by: Foolius Maximus ]
                www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Comment

Working...
                X