Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone got or have owned a Jubilee? (aka slash sig also)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone got or have owned a Jubilee? (aka slash sig also)

If ya did/do what ya think about it? I love that slash tone, specially on appetite for destruction, and later on someday when I can afford more than one amp I'd love to get my hands on a 25/50w Silver Jubilee head.

[ December 20, 2002, 01:23 AM: Message edited by: Marshall tone ]

Re: Anyone got or have owned a Jubilee? (aka slash sig also)

I had a 2554 25/50 combo and loved it. I should have never sold it. I just picked up another one and run it trough a 1982a Marshall cab. It screams! If you get one buy a Boss GE7 eq. I think Slash uses one also. Trust me you wont be sorry.

Comment

I've owned a couple of these (2553 and 2555) and they're very nice amps. I think they're bringing absurd prices for what they are right now, but if you're after the Slash sound they're pretty good. The two channels are a royal pain to make work together live. The lead channel is perfect for that retro hard rock sound, but won't get any heavier than that and you must have the volume up pretty good to get there. The clean is very usable, but a bit stale and uncharacteristicly dark sounding for a Marshall. (I do know a couple of guys who only use the clean and use pedals for distortion with it.)

I'd definitely recommend trying before you buy, if you can. They're nice amps, but very different from anything else out there including other Marshalls.

Ross

Comment

I had the full stack with the two 2x12 cabs (speakers off set) and the 25/50 watt head you are looking at. I found it to be good for heavy rock stuff like GnR but it just would not cut it for modern metal that I usually play. I will say one thing is it was super easy to sell. I got what I wanted and the guy bought it site unseen a day after I put it in the store. Still had the protective cover over the chrome plate.
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6M4lm9Ahz0

Comment

I have the 2554 combo too. It is one loud little mother! Great for taking by itself to informal jams, plus it has power to spare to drive a cabinet. I park mine on a Jubilee 2556 (2x12)cabinet and unplug the combo speaker. I'd like to get the small box head version (2553) to make a nice mini-half stack.

Comment

Thats cool guys thanks. Right now I have a JMP 1 preamp that goes into my 1960BV cab and i'm going to be ditching the rack system shortly for a DSL 50 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] . I owned a TSL 100 before but I soon found the tone to be sterile and I loved the DSL 50's tone more than the TSL's, but at that particular point in time I wasnt willing to share EQ's so I went for the JMP 1. Now Im ready for the DSL 50. Then sometime later I would definately love to get my hands on a Silver Jubilee [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] 25/50w head

Comment

Marshall Tone,

I have A dsl 50 too. It Rocks, and I also faced some issues with the single EQ. I got a Boss GE-7 and put it in the loop for the clean channel only and it works great.

By using it for the clean channel, it makes absolutely no noise what so ever.

I had a Jubilee stack when they first came out, but being young and stupid, I got rid of it cause I didn't like the sound. I was trying to use it for a sound it's not capable of, but if I had know how much they wouold be worth, I would have kept it anyway.
              Madness Reigns......... In the Hall of the Mountain King!

Comment

Working...
              X