Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

would you say a single recto is pretty good for death metal ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would you say a single recto is pretty good for death metal ?

Because me and my friend are gettinga death metal band started nad i dunno if my rectos gunna cut it. if i throw in some emgs and maybe some jj tube would it improve my tone and distortion. Pickups that could drive abit more gain outta my amp. or should i jsut follow the swedish death metalers and use a 5150 ?

Re: would you say a single recto is pretty good for death metal ?

Bro: you need to lead - not follow!

Comment

A Single Recto will do pretty much anything a 5150 will do - they're very similar amps. I've heard guys get some cool Swedish Death-type tones out of all manner of Rectos, you jus gotta tweak it.

EMGs wouldn't hurt, though. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Mike
      Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

Try an older Marshall Valvestate. James Murphy used them back in the day when he started his band Disincarnate.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

With a good EQ, you can get a death metal sound out of a lot of amps. Single recto included.

Comment

Recto's have always sounded kinda squishy down low to me. You can get a good death metal sound out of alot of amps though with some tweaking.

Comment

Hey toejam, can you hook me up with some of the model names of those older Valvestates? So I know what to look for? Thanks man!

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=931688386

Might this be one of them?

Comment

Get a boss ge7 pedal(cheap) in put in the effects loop. That should help and it's a lot cheaper and easier then a new head
                  www.kiddhavok.com
                  www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Originally posted by DumpyWumpy:
                    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...item=931688386

Might this be one of them?
                    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, that 8100 is one of them. I believe James Murphy actually used that model, as well as Tommy Victor from Prong.

The 8100 is the 100 watt head, the 8080 was the 80 watt combo.

The 8240 (which I own) is the stereo chorus 2x12 combo (40 watts per side).

The 8280 is the 80 watts per side Bi-chorus combo.

The 8200 is the 100 watts per side Bi-chorus head.

Then there's the 8040 (40 watt combo.)
                    8020 (20 watt combo).
                    8010 (10 watt combo).

Comment

Thanks a lot man, I'll have to check them out! If it's good enough for James Murphy, it's good enough for me...apparently Jensen from the Haunted plays old Valvestates sometimes as well as 5150s, and Chuck(RIP) from Death played Valvestates too...

Comment

Cool, no prob! I didn't know The Haunted used them. I love them! When's their new album supposed to come out? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                        X