stomp box radio interference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stomp box radio interference

Hello, I have an old ibanez SM-9 "super metal" stomp box. When I use a 9v batt. it gets inteference and recives some AM radio station that is fed through my amp. when I use a wall cord its fine, but its a big hassle with all the extra wire going every where and finding enough outlets. Is there a way to fix this problem or is the batt. circuitry wasted...its a pretty old f/x pedal.
    thanks

Re: stomp box radio interference

I've been having the same problem with an Ibanez Soundtank compressor pedal. It actually just started recently. I'm using the "wall wart" though, so it's not just a battery issue. Wish I could help you, but I'm unsure myself. On another note, I just had an Ibanez adapter die on another pedal..
    sigpic

Comment

shouldn't there be an fcc rule about that [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] ...it sucks [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

My mesa boogie rect o verb picks up this religious radio station and sometims its so bad that i cant just sit there and listen to it like its o my radion. ticks me off.

Comment

I used to have this problem, and then I bought some good quality cables and the radio signals went away. See, I only used cheap ones before, but after I switched, not only did the tone get better and more clear, but the radio signals went away too.

Comment

I pick up spanish radio stations in my computer speakers, nothin' you can do about it I guess, except for Box's advice. I'd try that.

Comment

Yeah I tried it... got some CBI gold rush cables that are pretty damn good. which narrows it down to the internals of the box i guess. maybe I could replace the 9v leads.

Comment

My local guitar store gets that on every one of there amps. I dont thinks there's any way to stop it.

Comment

Working...
                X