HiGain Head for 1500€?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HiGain Head for 1500€?

Which is the best higain head (and for best I mean with tone,not just tons of gain) for under 1500€?

Re: HiGain Head for 1500€?

cmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooon! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

How many US dollers is that? That would help garner some advice from users on this side of the puddle.

Comment

it's more or less like 1500$

Comment

get a Bogner

Comment

For $1500 u.s.,Hign gain with tone, I would say Soldano Hotrod 50plus or 100plus for about $600-1000?
            Also Decatone for about $1300-1500?
            VHT heads,Engl(I own Savage 120 and kicks ass) for about $1200 up?
            I think there are many amps have great sound.
            It comes down to your playing style and sound that you dig.
            So my recommandations are just examples of what I would say as amps with great gain/tone and you really have to play these amps to see which one to go with.

Comment

Mh...here in italy a hotrod50plus is about 2500$...vht starts at 1800$...

Comment

Ok since you gave your price limit in Euros i guess you are from europe.
                So i hate to say but most of the suggestions of the others aren't a choice (although they are very cool amps no doubt about that) but finding a Bogner (i guess a Überschall when we talk about high gain) in europe for 1500€ is impossible.
                The same with VHT and Soldano. I think a VHT UL 100 cost around $4000 here in germany so finding a used one is very hard and then finding one for under $1500 is nearly impossible.
                That's something i have encountered too. Although all members here know their stuff very well and their suggestions are really great, most of them aren't a choice within a given price range for us europeans. American gear is just so expensive in europe.
                For 1500 Euros you can sometimes find a used Dual Rectifier on ebay. I have seen some for around 1300. Also a 5150 fits the bill. Maybe you find a Soldano Hotrod for that money although they are very rare in europe and don't pop up often.
                I would choose a used Dual Rectifier (that's what i did some years ago) but that's my personal choice. Make sure you test one and see if it's also your taste. Many love the Rectifiers but also many hate them.
                Or you look at Engl Amps. Since they are from germany you may be lucky to find one in your price range (used of course since the Savage amps are much more new). But they are very nice amps and i guess i would have bought one if i had not run across my Mesa. I always think that Engl has a better performance for the price than Mesa in europe but that's just because Engls are from germany and Mesas are from america.
                Hope that helps a bit.

Flo
                http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...item=931106042

Engl Powerball, starting at 1000 Euros, no bids right now.

It says "will ship to Germany only", but that is not a problem I think.

// Anders

Comment

Working...
                  X