All tube Fender Champ for $200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All tube Fender Champ for $200

At a local music store they have an all tube fender champ, one of the small ones, for $200. it is used and from the looks of it it's from the eighties or somewhere around there. I kind of want to buy it, but don't know if that's a good price or not.

any input here would be appreciated.

nandrew

Re: All tube Fender Champ for $200

Thats one of the amps that Paul Rivera designed. I am not sure what they go for?

Comment

Guys, how do you know it's from the 80s, and how do you know it's a Rivera designed one? Most likely a silverface, they are worth between $100-$200 in good shape.

Pete

Comment

What Oklastrat said... only I`ll add that if you like it you should buy it even at $200 imho, because it will probably appreciate a little more over the next five or more years - and how often do you get to buy a piece of gear you`ll actually be able to sell for as much or more than you paid for it when you`re done [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

Doh! Thanks for calling me on that one Pete. It was the super champ the concert and the twin reverb II that he designed.
          My apologies to all(open mouth-insert foot here). But I still don't know what they are worth

Comment

thanks for the replys. I just said 80's because it just has that kind-of-old-but-not-real-old look to it.

I might just have to think about getting that little pup.

nandrew

Comment

use this link to figure out what it is:

http://www.ampwares.com/ffg/

Champs are cool amps, just very low powered (but still loud enough to annoy folks) and very clean. But they get really cool tones for practice, and a few pedals make into a fun around the house rig.

Pete

Comment

I went to that store today to see about buying it, and it was gone, they said they traded it for an epiphone SG.

oh well.
                nandrew

Comment

Working...
                X