Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you guys think of line 6 spider amps

Hi all,
    Just got a line 6 spider amp a week ago used,I love this thing great tone for what I play,when I first got it the distorion sounded weal but I have an old jackson pickup in my strat,changed to ENG now Im good to go...........anyone have any experiences or problems with thiers

Re: What do you guys think of line 6 spider amps

I am 31 and I still cant spell....

Comment

I have the POD 2.0 in my bedroom going through a Marshall VS30R solid state amp and it sounds fine. I would of course rather be in the music room with either my Marshall or my Rivera head cranked up but then my children would wake up and there would be he!! to pay lol.

If you dig the sound coming out of your amp then you are good to go imho. I often feel like I am on some sort of wierd a@@ life long quest for a sound in my head that I haven't heard in the real world yet [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] . Unfortunately this leads to some pretty expensive purchases!

Comment

Here's a thread you may have an interest in.

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubb/noncgi/...c;f=9;t=000012

Comment

I have a Line 6 Spider for home. It's the best, little practice amp I've ever owned. I have played acoutical, low volume gigs with it, but I would never seriously gig with it. It farts if it goes past half volume and get's drowned out by the band.
          Any Line 6 I've heard live sounds thin and lacks character. I've never seen anyone use the line out cabinet sound feature. Everyone mics the speaker. I did use the direct cab feature when I owned a PODPRO for 5 weeks. I tried to replace my rack tube preamp and rack effects with one unit. NOT! The PODPRO was terrible live. I bet it's great in the studio. Live, it howled and pissed off the rest of the band and hurt audience ears. I gained nothing in sound or features. Sold it on eBay.
          So I guess to sum it up, I like Line 6 stuff, it's neat, cool, and fun to play with. It needs to stay home.

Comment

If you were having problems with feedback and squeeling and other stage volume issues you obviously didn't have it set up right. I have a friend who's band uses Line 6 stuff exclusively live and there is no issues what so ever. Also another friend whos other guitar player uses a Pod Pro again with no issues at stage volume. Not even in small clubs with a small stage and the mics right on top of the monitors etc..
            They are probably one of the easeist things to use and set up. You just have to tweak them a little. The Line out is stereo with a TRS cable but it does turn of the speaker on the amp.
            Anyway I love Line 6 stuff and im not paid to say so. The Edge (U2) uses the POd Pro live in his rack. He uses two of the actually.
            Gil

Comment

Working...
            X