Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Took a roadtrip today and scored a VHT 2150!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took a roadtrip today and scored a VHT 2150!

My girlfriend and I went to see the Blue Man Group in Chicago today and afterwards I swung down to Joel's(ozz666)house and picked up my new VHT2150- Acording to Joel it's the 8th one ever made- Took some pics for all my fellow foolios!

Oh yeah, I was part of the Blue Man Group show! One of 'em grabbed someones candy and broke it into pieces and came by me and put it in my hand- I tossed the pieces into his mouth- He came back by me and spit them in my hand- I was on the big screen- It was sooooooooo cool! Especially because it was 4:20 time for me!!!! Talk about a good time!

www.facebook.com/neddistanz

Re: Took a roadtrip today and scored a VHT 2150!

Blue Man Group !!
    I went to one of shows in Las Vegas early this year and had a great time.
    Ticket costed me about $90 but I and my wife, her mother enjoyed a lot.
    [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Good score Foolious! I also scored and brought a new head home today!

[ December 16, 2002, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Lordofgain ]

Comment

Neddi,

Be glad it wasn't an Icy day you would not have gotten the amp down that driveway.

I am considering a 2150 let me know what you think of it compared to your 395.
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I will tell you this about it, it's a heavy beast! I'll be cranking it in the next few days and I'll give a full review on it and the X88R- Neddi

Comment

Congrat Neddi! Heavy suckers, ain't they...

Comment

Here's the update- I'm lovin' the rack life right now!

Comment

Neddi did you get that foot pedal board? I notice it has already ended.
                We must!
                We must!
                We must increase the bust!
                The bigger the better!
                The tighter the sweater!
                The boys are counting on us!

Comment

Yes! Chris, you have mail! I got it for $400.00 shipped- Happy day, happy day! I just scored a CAE RS10MKII controller off ebay- Check it out- Neddi

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...930731984&rd=1

Comment

Woah Neddi! GREAT SCORES!

Never knew you wore glasses hehe

Comment

nice score neddi [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

what head did you finally decide on, lord?

Comment

Neddi how is the VHT and the Soldano Compared to your old setup?

Comment

I'll try my best to describe all though you all know I don't know all the technical jargon! The SP77-Mesa combo sounded more metal than what I have now- Right now I'm getting a tone that's very similar to old VH which is exactly what I want! Both set-ups sound great and are somewhat close in comparison it's just that I'm using less gain now and I have a DiMarzio super distortion in the bridge as opposed to the EMG 85 I used to run- Both are very transparrent- Do I hear enough of an improvement to justify paying more for what I have now? HELL YEAH! I'm extremely happy with what I have going and will be putting together some clips after the holidays- Neddi

KT88's John- What's the difference between the models that have the fuses on the front and mine?
                          Mine doesn't have fuses on the front- Joel told me mine is the 8th one made and maybe that's why- What year did they put the fuses on the front? Mine is 1989 John?

[ December 17, 2002, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Foolius Maximus ]

Comment

Hey Neddius Maximus...

Glad you got the KT88s, they rule over the 6550 IMO.

I don't think that you're gonna notice a lot of difference between the pre 91s But, Here are some quotes from Steve Fryette... The second one is the probably the bigeest difference between the older vs new 91+

"The main filter capacitors in the first 100 production 2150 power amplifiers were physically taller than the ones we used from 1990 onward."
                            "This was not due to a reduction of quality or cost. Actually ,this was a design improvement by the manufacturer of the capacitor (Mallory). In FACT the shorter units have much better Temperature, Surge and Ripple specs than the older taller ones, not to mention the new ones were MORE expensive, not less. "

"starting in 1991 we increased the size and weight of the boards and copper, improved the high-voltage supply, made the chassis more rugged, added front panel fuse holders for easy access, and improved the stereo separation between channels."

Hope that helps... I think you're fine with ANY VHT2150 dude... Can't wait to hear your clips...

Comment

Thanks Neddi

Side question I always assumes the 2150 was KT88 so now my eyes have been opened a bit there are more of them that are KT88 than 6550 though right? [img]graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X