Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marshall Tube Noise ?

Hey Guys

I was playing My Marshall today and i put it on standby and unhooked the BBE from the effects loop i then turned the amp off of standby and i had this Buzzing like something was not grounded and the sound would cut in and out.
    I turned the amp off and then turned it back on a few mins later and it stoped

it has new tubes in it so what could it be

did i do something wrong or what

Sid

Re: Marshall Tube Noise ?

My "professional" opinion, would be that the contacts on the switching jacks on your effects loop may need to be cleaned. It probably wasn't making a good reconnection when you pulled the plugs out. Maybe just dust in there... A squirt of electrical contact cleaner like kramolin, on the effects loop switching contacts would probably be a cure.

You may be able to shoot it in the hole and get it...

Comment

Ok john I will try that
      thanks [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Let me know how it goes!! It may never do it again, anyways, maybe just some dust etc...

Comment

OK the amp is acting up again last night at practice
          it stated to hiss and the distortion sounded crapy and the it would drop in volume

Comment

If the switching jack is losing connection, you'll get all sorts of stuff going on. Like a bad cord, except if it's a tube driven loop, it's possibly doing more stuff than just disconnecting the loop. I've had that trouble before.

It's pretty easy to clean and cheap... I'd try it...

Considering it seemed to be starting in relation to pulling plugs out of the effects loop, I'd certainly try that first.

Comment

Check out the preamp tubes. Sounds like they are not in all the way or the sockets are dirty.
              Damn, I love this Interweb.

Comment

Working...
              X