Replacement neck question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement neck question

I have an 86-87 Model 1A that I have had since new. 30 years have taken their toll and the frets cannot be worked any longer. I have also changed taste over the years preferring the Strat headstock over the pointy ones. So my question is, can I put a San Dimas neck on my 1A body w/o modification? Could it be as simple as bolting the new neck on? Thanks ahead for your consideration.
    Lou

Im not sure about the newer mexican models but the neck from a usa or japanese pro-mod should go on nice and tight. I have at one time or another had a pro mod neck on a model series body and vise versa. You will want to find one from a pro mod that didnt have a locking nut. I believe there were wild card models with no trems. It might be easier to find a neck from the newer mexican models but Im not sure if they have the neck heel size that most charvels and jacksons used. 2.25"

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I'll actually need the locking nut, I installed a Floyd in '94 and had found a neck that I thought would make a great replacement. Some site called stratosphere has one that says it's pro mod but only gives a nut width, not a heel width. I think I'm going to have to accurately measure the width of the neck pocket and see if I can get the specs of the neck before buying. I'd sure like to bring her back to playing again, was a great sounding and playing guitar for many years.

Comment

I'm also unsure about the neck pocket/heel dimensions of the newer Mexican models, and would verify the dimensions before ordering, but "The STRATosphere" sells primarily Mexican-made Charvel Pro-Mods that have been disassembled. I cannot recall the last time they sold Japanese or American Charvel Pro-Mod parts, although I can imagine they did so in the past.

Comment

Working...
        X