Jackson DKMG Floyd Rose Replacement...need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson DKMG Floyd Rose Replacement...need help

Hey guys I have Jackson DKMG Dinky with JT580LP bridge. i want to replace this with original floyd rose(OFR).. need help regarding which model of floyd rose gona fit the cavity and which nut size R2 or R3??

Waiting for the suggestion from the experts or the felas who already replaced on Jackson Dinky models.

Thanks

Standard Floyd Rose (FRT-100) will fit. R3 nut, but you may need to tweak the nut shelf.
    Personally, I would leave the factory nut and trem posts on the guitar unless I'm changing hardware color.
    -Rick

Comment

I agree with rjohnstone, an Original Floyd Rose will fit. See here: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ct.htm#jt580lp

Comment

Originally posted by Number Of The Priest View Post
        I agree with rjohnstone, an Original Floyd Rose will fit. See here: http://audiozone.dk/index-filer/Trem...ct.htm#jt580lp
        LOL... I noticed that link is using a pic of my PC-3 conversion from a JT-580LP to an OFR.
        -Rick

Comment

That's right! If you click on the picture of the OFR in the JT580LP route, the caption is: "JT-580LP out. OFR in. Picture by rjohnstone"

I post that link every time someone asks about the OFR in a JT580LP route. In the past, I've tried hotlinking the photo, but Henrik must have disabled that feature on his site, so I've taken to just posting the link.

Comment

@rjohnstone.... i understand the nut problem.... but whats the problem with the trem posts?? why it wont fit??? u mean i should use factory trem post with OFR bridge it wont make any difference???

Comment

can i use OFR pro ??? i gues its same like jt580lp

Comment

The OFR trem post are larger and would require material to be removed. If your original posts are in good condition there is no reason to replace them. Keep the ones that come with the OFR and if you ever have a problem with the stock ones you can install the OFR ones.

Comment

Originally posted by haris1687 View Post
                  @rjohnstone.... i understand the nut problem.... but whats the problem with the trem posts?? why it wont fit??? u mean i should use factory trem post with OFR bridge it wont make any difference???
                  Floyd posts would require you to drill new post holes as the bushings are not the same size as the factory ones.
                  Stick with the factory trem posts. They are an exact match to the Floyd post spacing.
                  -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by haris1687 View Post
                    can i use OFR pro ??? i gues its same like jt580lp
                    No, an OFR Pro will not fit in that route.
                    -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by rjohnstone View Post
                      No, an OFR Pro will not fit in that route.
                      Yes, the OFR Pro dimensions are different, and I believe the string spacing is also slightly different.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

great got it now. yes my factory trem post are perfect. thankyou very much guys for your help. \m/

Comment

Working...
                        X