cheap Behringer cabs opinions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cheap Behringer cabs opinions?

anyone have an opinion on those cheap cabs? saw them in musicians friend and wondered if they are worth getting

Re: cheap Behringer cabs opinions?

Me too [img]graemlins/help.gif[/img] They look nice for the money, but what do they actually sound like, especially for very high gain Speed Metal [img]graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Jack.

Comment

I tried the Behringer cabinet (4x12) and didn't like it. On clean and mildly overdriven tones it performed well, but there was too much low end flop when cranking up the gain and the volume. I found a Peavey for a little more that worked great. Good clarity and defintion, especially on the low end. Although I usually play at standard pitch or a 1/2 step down, I found the Behringer really stunk when using a drop-d tuning.

Comment

I tryed one out through my peavey XXL head and it was crushing for metal man ! sounded great and I got one on order I'll get it in the 2 nd week of January so I'll post pics when I get em , and I tune down to d flat as well , it didn't sound muddy at all , they kick on any marshall cab that I tryed and I have tryed 3 or 4 diffrent marshall cabs in the last week as well , and for 419 canadian you can't go wrong ! //Steve [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I would be running a VHT Pittbull CL-100 [img]graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] thru it. I am going to have to try it first though. I can`t stand muddy sounding amps/speakers, I play older Speed Metal and it has to be crunchy, but clear. Jack.

Comment

If you're looking for a cheap cab, avatars are probably the best. Their website is avatarspeakers.com

Comment

I got my main cab, a Sunn 4x12 w/celestion 75's for $400 bucks and it sounds as good as any other cab Ive heard with those speakers.

Comment

Avatars are pretty thin... friend of mine has one, great bang for the buck, but you can't go wrong with a used Marshall, IMHO.

Pete

Comment

slayer they sound real good man ! you'll love em man ! I got this damping switch [tight / medium / loose] on my peavey xxl so I don't know if that makes a whole lot of difference on the tone of the cab cause I have never had that on a amp before but when I tryed em out [behringer cab] I had it on medium and it sounded awesome man it handled the load of the amp/head great all my stops and chugs we're bang on and tight and I could use my gain most of the way up , you got to try out one of those heads man xxl , I can play with the distortion on 4 and it sounds heavier than any amp I have ever played ! //Steve

Comment

Working...
                  X