Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beware of Sam Ash!

http://www.samash.com/catalog/showit...&SortMethod=0&

A couple years ago, I saw this very ad on their site and said "hey that’s a pretty damn good deal!" What I got when I ordered it was a Rack Rider (POS) 2x15 EQ. I sent it back and they sent another rack rider in return. I called them up asking what the deal was and they tried everything to try to tell me that what i got was what was advertised. Well obviously when something costs $150 more than the other, they aren’t the same. Anyway, they finally said they were all out of them but had a floor model in one of their stores. I said fine, how bad can an EQ get sitting on the floor? Bad assumption, broken slider, bent face plate...Called them up once again and they turned their back on me telling me that its not their problem and that i need to contact Furman. 3 months later I finally got it.

Well a few days ago, my brother saw that ad and bought one. Guess what he got in the mail today? That’s right a POS rack rider. Well soon see how it pans out. All i know is that I refuse to step foot in one of their stores again. Just BE CAREFUL!

[ December 12, 2002, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: Sandman0170 ]

Re: Beware of Sam Ash!

Gopher-Boy saves the day again! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

But seriously, thanks for the heads up, chief.

Comment

Your askin for it.

Comment

Gopher boy?? That's fairly derogatory thing to say don't you think? What up wit dat?

Now squeal like a pig boy! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman0170:
          Your askin for it.
          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">You're

[img]graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ron's getting the ruler out ffor the slaps on the back of the had.

Sorry Ron we all can't spell like you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

And I thought I was the only Admin Ron was pickin on ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

During lunch I went to Manny's here in NYC. Manny's is owned by Sam Ash (which is next door AND across the street from Manny's.) I went there looking for a mid priced acoustic for a friend's husband. Anyway, I pick three out for her; a Martin D series, a Washburn EA-20 (like Nuno and Jimmy Page's), and a Takamine. Anyway, the sales guy gives me his prices and I ask if cases are included. He says no. I say are you sure, because they should be. Needless to say, I come back and look on musiciansfriend. They have the Martin for the same price, including case, free shipping, and I believe there is no tax. Same with the other guitars. **** Sam Ash. [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thebirds.gif[/img]

Comment

Originally posted by JacksonShredder:
                  Ron's getting the ruler out ffor the slaps on the back of the had.

Sorry Ron we all can't spell like you [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                  <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Do you mean back of the "head" or back of the "hand"? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

And did you stutter "ffor"? [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

hehe Sorry, couldn't resist!
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I'm sorry but you guys are hilarious! You guys kick ass, I'm glad I stopped hanging around on the JP forum, it was boring there, all they did was jack off to pictures of each others rack systems and new JP model guitars.

Comment

2 words BAIT & SWITCH.
                      www.kiddhavok.com
                      www.youtube.com/kiddhavokband

Comment

Yep. I got the old bait and switch when I got married! Or was that Jeckyll and Hyde?!? [img]graemlins/brow.gif[/img]
                        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by KMaynard:
                          And I thought I was the only Admin Ron was pickin on ... [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm an equal opportunity picker! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Bought a floor display digitech genisis 3 from one of thier stores not to long back ,worked great in the store,BUT when I got home it was crap all of a sudden,so I hauled it back and the manager tells me I must have damaged it on the way home and he wont refund me any money or even exchange it,so I called thier corperate office still the same crappy treatment,then I went in the other day and a old manager that used to work at mars that I know was working there and he returned it for me no problem,I wont shop there again,Thier customer service skills lack quite a bit.........

Comment

Working...
                            X