AMP HEADS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMP HEADS

wut do u guys recommend: Marshall dsl/tsl heads (wuts the difference), Mesa single or dual recto, Randall cyclone, Line 6 flextone 2 head, Crate blue voodoo, or any other ones u guys could think of. Any comments would be appreciated.
    thanx [img]graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Re: AMP HEADS

I think that's a very difficult question because you really have some quite different amps on your list. The Rectos sound very different from the Marshalls, the Flextone is a digital amp and i think the Randall Cyclone is a transistor amp (not quite sure but i think Randall only makes transistors right ?)
    Your absolute best bet is to test them all. So you really see which one you like best.
    I would pick the Dual Rectifier but that's really a question of personal taste. The Marshall's didn't impress me much, the Line6 is alright at doing many different things but i just settle with one thing which is 100% the real deal instead of having much things at only 60-70%.
    The Crate sounded not very good to my ears, for me the worst decision out of those amps.
    I never tried a Cyclone so i can't comment on this amp.

The main difference between the DSL and TSL is that the DSL is a 2 channel amp and the triple is a 3 channel amp. But they also sound quite different.

I guess it's really no problem to play at least the Marshalls and the Line6 because most of the guitar stores carry those brands.

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Yeah go try some stuff out and figure out what you want. Myself I prefer a MArshall over my Dual Rec but hey that is me
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I'M PROBLY GONNA GO FOR THE DSL/TSL [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
        X