Hardtailed floyd rose questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardtailed floyd rose questions

Alright, So I've blocked my floyd rose by putting two pieces of wood on either side of the metal block,(i like the feel of a floyd just grown tired of having a floating bridge and rather hardtail it). this guitar has been set up with 9-42 and would like to put 10-46's on it, Seeing that the floyd is already blocked will this cause any other problems besides a possible truss rod adjustment? I'm thinking it would be fine but i haven't been able to find much.. i also will be bypassing the locking nut completely to be able to use the tuners.. let me know what you guys think..I pretty much just like to hardtail this bad boy completely because it just doesn't get allot of play anymore with the 9's and full floating bridge!

BTW the guitar is a '97 RR1 in Eerie dess swirl

Cheers!

You may need to adjust the back claws, only if the blocks get dislodged. Only truss adjustment necessary. You need the clamp blocks, Floyd Nut is not designed to be run un-clamped.

Comment

Yeah, string it up, tune it,lock the blocks and just use the fine tuners on the floyd for small adjustments.

Comment

Alright thanks for the reply, I know they used to make an ebanol floyd rose replacement nut but it seems they have been discontinued/ cant find them for sale, Any suggestions of items like that ?

Comment

Blocking in both directions is hard core, you typically only need to block for detune only.

Comment

They make roller nuts and such that directly replace floyd locking nuts. Something like this. I know lsr is a common brand, maybe sperzel makes a good one too.

Comment

I once replaced a floyd locking nut with a roller nut. Totally messed up the intonation of the guitar, because the break point of the strings was perhaps 2mm further back than before. Newbie mistake, I was young; but by the time I'd realised what the issue was I had literally just (that day) traded the guitar away for an Ibanez bass.

Comment

Working...
              X