Help with TC G-major

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with TC G-major

Hi. I recently bought a used g-major. My problem is that I can´t figure out what the left wheel is supposed to do. When I turn the outer ring, it flips between all the mix values of the effect blocks. When I turn the inner ring, nothing happens. Is the control broken? Atm it looks like I am never going to need the left one anyway, since the right one is working perfectly.

Re: Help with TC G-major

Monk,

My rig is apart right now, otherwise I'd do a little testing for you, but to be honest, I don't use that wheel, it may be for setting the parameters on the fly, which I don't do, I forgot.

Don't you have a manual for that thing? If not, I'll see if I can get some scans done today and shoot some pics over or post them for you.

That's the best fx processor I've ever used tho! Enjoy!

Pat

Comment

Thanks alot,but I have the manual and it doesnt say much about that left wheel.

Well, I guess I wont need it either and yes, the thing is great [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

//Anders

Comment

If it's any help, I don't think I've that wheel on mine, other than by accident - and I've been using it since March.

It _is_ for real-time changes, AFAIK, and I _never_ do that, so...

Mike
        Division - American Metal that doesn't suck. Much. Even on Facebook.

Comment

I'm doing this at work by memory. And I don't have that good of memory. The wheels have an inner and outer. Without double-clicking any button, the inner left controls levels of output and effects. Once you double click, the inner left can individually set levels of various effects settings you chose with the right wheel. I can't remember exactly what the outer left does.

If you need to customize levels, especially important for playing live, you'll need to learn that left wheel. It's not difficult but I "set and forget" and when I need to make a change, I reach for the manual to brush up on my how-to's.

Comment

BTW.. I've been thinking of experimenting with a new rig. My stuff is rack mounted. I love the channel switching capability of the G-Major AND OF COURSE the quality of effects. Currently, I run a Peavey Rockmaster that has a 1/4 jack and makes it simple to use the channel switching of the TCE G-Major via MIDI board. I checked into the older Marshall 9001 and the footswitch connector is the pin type. Bummer.

If you use the MIDI enabled channel switching, what pre-amp or amp do you run LIVE? How does it sound?

Comment

Thanks alot for all your info guys [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

But, what I really wanted to know was how to check if my inner-left-wheel is working or not.

How can I check?

// Anders

Comment

Working...
              X