Quit whining about blocky neck heels and poor upper fret access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quit whining about blocky neck heels and poor upper fret access

So those are an issue for you? An eBay seller has shown us a plan to move forward, my friends:

1) Man up.
    2) Sand off all the goddamn paint from the body (that just sucks tone anyway).
    3) Get a Dremel and man up some more.
    4) Grind down the body where the neck plate contacts it for a sweet angled feel.
    5) Grind away at that stupid lower horn to improve the fret access even more (ala Steve Vai).
    6) List it on eBay at a premium.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1980s-USA-Ja...-/232506786625

BTW...He can't hear any of your bullshit poser criticisms and complaints over the sound of all that grinding. GRXRXRRXZRXRRZXRZXR!!!

Oh Jesus that poor guitar. I was wondering why anyone would pull off the lock nut, then I saw the vtrem screwed in between the JT6 post holes.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

The seller name explains a lot!

Comment

Really wanted a strat, so let’s put an extra tone knob in- out of the way, pussy, obviously, and a coil split. Or maybe a kill switch if I can’t grip the volume knob from all the sawdust on my fingers.

There was a spot of that ridiculous glow in the dark paint that got into one of the screw holes, idiots. IT GLOWS IN THE DARK. That means it was down there, in the screw hole, under the plate, glowing. I don’t know how you fruits refinish things, but when I re-finish them, they’re fucking finished. You’re onboard or off.

Comment

I'm going to sound like I'm repeating myself from another thread, but I still don't understand the purpose of angled or reduced neck heels, versus a traditional blocky neck heel, if they both join the neck-and-body in the same location. My thumb will still terminate at the "contact point" where the neck meets the body (see photos below) regardless of how much wood is removed from the body. In my quest for fingering the highest frets, my thumb isn't easily "climbing" up on the neckplate.

For me, more important than the shape of the heel is the LOCATION of the start of the heel (the "contact point"). One only needs to compare a "12 fret" acoustic guitar (the body and neck join at the 12th fret) versus a "14 fret" acoustic guitar (the joint is at the 14th fret). Ignoring the tonal differences of having the neck set into the body in different locations, the latter allows slightly greater access to more high frets.

Last edited by Number Of The Priest; 10-17-2017, 07:55 AM.

Comment

The top one has much nicer action
            A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

That's what happens when I play guitar. Guitars see my hands approaching, and to resist me, they instantly begin to fight me by instinctively raising their action in defense, so that I'm discouraged from interacting with the instrument. You see this happen in animals when they are threatened. Cobras expand their hoods, cats hiss and adopt a defensive posture, dogs bear their teeth, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by paranoid View Post
                The seller name explains a lot!
                It sure does!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Vass View Post
                  Really wanted a strat, so let’s put an extra tone knob in- out of the way, pussy, obviously, and a coil split.
                  Yeah dimwitty has shown us the way there as well:

7) Hang the body on the wall and throw darts at it
                  8) Mock up knobs and switches to be installed where the darts landed
                  9) If you aren't a pussy and throw the darts really hard you won't even have to go find the drill (skip to step 11)
                  10) Drill you pussy!
                  11) Attach the knobs and switches
                  12) Wire up the knobs and switches (optional)

Back to the angled neck plate, this really is a simple trick that Jackson doesn't want you to know about that will save you thousands on Masterbuilder upcharges.

Comment

He is a master at Les Paul modifications as well.....

00L0L_amZnnyPy9OU_600x450.jpg
                    A few Charvels, a bunch of Jacksons, JVM full stack, valve king half stack and an 4000 watt PA for a home stereo, my neighbors love me....

Comment

Originally posted by phragle View Post
                      He is a master at Les Paul modifications as well.....
                      I want one of those!

Comment

I like Jackson's angled neck plate as well as ESPs.

That is just an overpriced piece of junk.

How does it help? It helps the block of the neck from obstructing against the inside of my palm.

Do I need it? No. But it is a noticeable improvement for me.
                        The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

The seller lowered the price to $850.00.

LOL!
                          [sigpic=true][/sigpic]

Comment

I really notice on my Soloist and my JEM how much easier they are to play up high - like 17th fret A Minor blues licks are no problem. B minor on the Soloist are really easy but start getting blocked on the JEM. High bends are easy on both. Still love my old style 21 fret strats tho
                            -------------------------
                            Blank yo!

Comment

Originally posted by Grandturk View Post
                              I really notice on my Soloist and my JEM how much easier they are to play up high - like 17th fret A Minor blues licks are no problem. B minor on the Soloist are really easy but start getting blocked on the JEM. High bends are easy on both. Still love my old style 21 fret strats tho
                              When it comes to upper fret access, my RR1 has them all beat
                              In the heat of the moment(s), I found myself trying to fret the south coil of the neck humbucker or the non-present low B more than once
                              "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Working...
                              X